Come Build The World With Us!
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field of study: Computer Science/engineering, Data Analytics or related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience working on business analytics projects preferred
- Solid understanding of business functions and common data sources / models e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Operations including supply chain, sourcing and logistics
- 2+ years' experience in business analysis and projects related to Data Management
- Knowledge and hands-on application of database technologies (SQL, Hive, Hadoop, etc.)
- Ability to query databases using programming languages (e.g. SAS, R, Python, etc.) to manipulate and draw insights from large data sets
- Candidate should be comfortable with Data Modelling and Warehousing concepts (relational & non-relational) and Data Architecture
- Must possess excellent analysis and data logic skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, either remotely or in person
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Qlik Sense, PowerBi, Business Objects etc. is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong teaming skills, collaborative style and commitment to continuous professional growth
- Apply superior judgment as it pertains to prioritizing work for yourself and others and escalating roadblocks when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to partner with various projects and teams while interfacing with business stakeholders to ensure value delivery
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is looking for a Data Management Business Analyst to join the Center of Excellence, Strategic Sourcing team. The Data Analyst role willbe key member in establishing and maintaining Enterprise Data Assets. S/he willbe responsible for management, integrity and usability of data.
The ideal candidate will have strongtechnology skills to be able to lead robust data solutions that leverage disparate datasets, data warehousing and reporting technologies as well as Master Data Management platforms.
S/he will partner with Business stakeholders globally and SBD's IT team to ensure that the organization has the necessary data sets, integration of the ERP data sets with other source data, and governance to effectively leverage data to derive procurement insights.Working with peers in strategic sourcing, operations, finance and other business functions, you will be responsible for:
Benefits & Perks
- Partner with business leaders on data analytics use cases to drive the understanding and adoption of advanced analytics within the business.
- Responsible to understand business, conceptualize and analyze data framework.
- Define data requirements and coordinate implementation with business partners and vendors for solution design and delivery.
- S/he will play a key role in deploying Data Governance practices and execute key strategies for the Enterprise Data Management and Analytics Organization
- Develop and maintain data landscape maps and data source inventories/data catalogs
- Able to perform data quality / cleansing, de-duplication and harmonization of data across for various systems. Work closely and share ideas with fellow Architects, Developers and Technical Project Managers
- S/he will be responsible to work with product owner & vendor team, to ensure that the lead time to deploy changes is continuously improving
- Ensure compliance and bare minimums with respect to quality and audit is met
- Solicit and rationalize ideas and features
- Estimate work effort required to deliver specific bodies of work
- Partner with stakeholders to define high level areas of opportunity that align to enterprise direction
- Brainstorm potential technical solutions that meet business needs, deliver value, and enable scale
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
SBD is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #LI-SZ1 EEO:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.