Full time opportunity for a Senior Network/Telco Engineer in the Los Angeles area.
The Senior Network/Telco Engineer role is primarily responsible for providing engineering support, system deployment and administration of voice and data networks. The position is focused on designing, implementing, and managing communication networks and systems for on-premise, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud environments. In addition, the Engineer will participate in projects involving systems engineering, automation and information security. This position works closely with IT Infrastructure engineers and helpdesk to support to implement, monitor and maintain production and Dev infrastructure. All IT team members are responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of the application and infrastructure portfolio. Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- High level of hands-on skill with Cisco and other networking products, specifically routers, Catalyst switches, ISE, wireless access points and controllers, and WAN protocols
- Skill with AWS services and related products, specifically AWS networking, Cloudwatch, Route53, VPNs, SNS, security groups etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to administer Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, QoS, routing protocols, network security.
- Broad understanding of modern computing technology, systems and network architecture, high availability solutions, data management, information security, and cloud-based services.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, and O365 is beneficial
- Experience in creating configuration, policy and procedure documentation
Essential Job Functions of Job Description
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP required. Certifications that have expired in the last 3 years are acceptable.
- 5+ years of practical experience managing voice and data networks, MPLS, VoIP phone systems, PSTN and enterprise-class WAN networking products and services
- 5+ years practical experience with network security products, protocols and services such as firewalls, SSL, IPSec VPNs, DDoS protection, load balancers, SEIM and related tools.
- Evaluating, specifying, implementing and managing cloud and/or on-premise VoIP phone systems.
- Real-time monitoring technologies such as PRTG, CloudWatch & PagerDuty.
- Experience with Palo Alto's firewall and security products is desirable
- Work experience in medical or other regulated environments (HIPAA, PCI etc.) is beneficial.
- Architect, specify equipment and services for, configure data and voice networks, phone system and the devices supporting them.
- Architect, specify and support new phone and contact center systems
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN devices, wireless controllers and access points).
- Design and support cloud-based network operations, primarily AWS, also Google Cloud & Azure.
- Design, specify and maintain network security protocols, methods and tools.
- Provide mentoring, training and direction to other engineers.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Ensure all system changes are fully documented and tested prior to release, following change control procedures.
- Assist with system documentation and audit response.
- Work within configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- May require travel to sites/program and special functions.
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
If qualified and interested in this opportunity, please reply to JO#6716 along with a copy of your updated resume.