DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney's Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, data operations, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business. #DISNEYTECH
As a Sr. Product Data Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting the Digital Ad Sales Business Intelligence Product group, within the DMED Ad Platforms technology team - working with a high performing and growing team to help business partners drive decisions with data.We are looking for an experienced and curious data analyst who will support the Ad Platform organization with understanding the "art of the possible" through the exploration of numerous data sets available across the Ad Platform - uncovering relationships, confirming hypothesis, and providing findings/recommendations through exploration and analysis.You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders across Ad Platform and Ad Sales organizations to assist with unpacking the performance across various products and business units.Ideal candidate has a proven track record of analyzing data and seamlessly presenting their findings to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner.This is an exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to work and spearhead monumental change across the Disney Ad Sales organization and ultimately grow into a product role within the team. Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and to access and analyze data
- Conduct deep dives to diagnose business challenges, drivers of performance, and resulting issues/opportunities to grow Disney's advertising product lines and business
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional enterprise reports using multiple data sources for key performance metric tracking and significant trends analysis
- Partner with Ad Product teams to define and automate routine analysis and reporting to track and manage performance
- Provides support to team members throughout the Digital BI Product group through the proactive analysis of data relationships, concepts and availability across all ad sales platforms - including, but not limited to, digital, linear, third party aggregators (e.g. Ad-Juster, STAQ), and programmatic platforms.
- Document and communicate results of analysis with product team to support future enhancements and initiatives within the Digital BI Program.
- Collaborates with other product managers to help define requirements for business intelligence products to meet business needs.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate upcoming priorities, un-cover areas for improvement and help develop/implement solutions.
- Advocates for business needs with product and engineering partners, ensuring products and their features are clearly understood and documented
- Bachelor's Degree in at least one of the following disciplines, or relevant work experience: Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Economics
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a data analysis or in management consulting, demonstrating strong analytical skills
- Ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data
- Experience with various business intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, Looker, etc. and understanding of how and when to use data visualization to help tell the story
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience with work management and documentation tools, preferably Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment that is consistently evolving.
- Experience with working for a large-scale media or technology company, specifically with Advertising Sales, Finance, and/or Research organizations
- Hands on experience with using statistical analysis to determine business outcomes
- Familiarity and exposure to data modeling and data science concepts a plus