DriveTime Needs a Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car. As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
In short, as a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision-makers. We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well-architected data. We have a large multi-company environment with many online transactional systems (on-premise, cloud-hosted, etc.) creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions.
In long, as our Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you are responsible to
Our Technology Stack
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Migrate on-premises SQL Server data sets to Snowflake
- Monitor Snowflake environment for cost and usage and suggest efficiencies.
- Assist Data Science Teams in building performant models on Snowflake.
- Build tabular and multi-dimensional data models for self-service BI.
- Create a visual story with Tableau, Excel, or SSRS to inspire action and change behavior.
- Engage in design sessions, peer reviews, pattern/code reviews, and team lunch and learns.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- SQL Server 2016-2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016-2019 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular) Data Load - (Striim, Stitch, Kafka, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica)
- Tableau, Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Azure (SQL Database, Cosmos, Mongo, Analysis Services)
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
- Python & R
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay, we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment.
- We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment.
- We work together in order to win together.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change.
- You will need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future-oriented, open-minded, and proactive approach to think.
. An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 1+ years of experience developing in Big Data platforms
- Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, including data ingestion, JSON parsing and real-time streaming solutions.
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience with a data movement tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Hadoop, Kafka or Informatica.
- Experience with Streaming technologies like Kafka or Azure.
- Experience in Python or JAVA.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - multi-dimensional and/or tabular.
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), or Excel. Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment. Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!