BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
The Sr. Vulnerability Analyst provides vulnerability management governance and advisory services to business units who own products or technology assets that contain vulnerabilities. This role will support asset groups across the organization in an effort to reduce the threat footprint by identifying vulnerabilities and associated dependencies, in coordination with IT resources, and track remediation efforts.Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
Education & Experience:
- Understand vulnerability management best practices
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools, their function and understanding of the information that is being generated
- Ability to assess vulnerabilities, evaluate weaknesses, provide remediation recommendations for multiple operating systems, platforms, databases, servers, networking devices, workstations
- Working knowledge of security frameworks such as NIST, SCF, PCI.
- Familiar with various security architectures and methodologies (Defense in Depth, Kill-Chain, NIST, Critical Controls, OWASP, etc.)
- Understanding of vulnerability Metrics, KPIs
- Ability to present technical information in non-technical terms for business consumption
- Familiar with Scanning tools used in vulnerability management
- Ability to demonstrate empathy while seeking common interests; effective problem and conflict resolution skills
- Familiar with government security standards and regulations including GLBA, SOX, PCI, COBIT, ITIL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner and influence other groups or asset owners to improve vulnerability management remediation
- Scripting skills (Shell, Python, Java, PHP, PowerShell, etc.) preferred but not required
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Cyber Security, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in IT security domain
- Working knowledge of Splunk, query building, dashboard validation - preferred
- One or more of the following professional certifications: CISSP, CISM, SANS (GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, etc.), CISA, Security+ Preferred
For nearly forty years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB ) and its subsidiaries have helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB Financial Group's businesses, including Silicon Valley Bank, offer commercial, investment and private banking, asset management, private wealth management, brokerage and investment services and funds management services to companies in the technology, life science and healthcare, private equity and venture capital, and premium wine industries. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, SVB Financial Group operates in centers of innovation around the world.
2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.