nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
At nCino we are dedicated to creating software that is changing the banking industry by helping financial institutions lend with confidence, efficiency, and transparency and better engage with their customers. Our Product Development and Engineering department is a talented group of software developers, product managers, product designers, quality assurance engineers, and others who work closely together in Scrum teams to build banking software of the highest quality. Our departmental values are courage, collaboration, craftsmanship, and fun, and those values guide us in balancing hard work with passion and enjoyment for what we do.
As an Agile Coach/Scrum Master, you will work closely with our Scrum teams to help us improve our Scrum and Agile practices. You will be a servant-leader who guides our teams through honest and challenging introspection so that we are always improving the quality of our processes and product. You will also help us maintain a culture in which we challenge ourselves to do better and deliver more in sustainable and healthy ways.Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and mentorship on Agile/Scrum to Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and Scrum team members
- Participate as Scrum Master for select teams
- Work with the management team to establish and record Agile and Scrum best practices
- Be an energetic advocate for Scrum to our teams, other departments, and external customers
- Develop and conduct Scrum training for new team members and stakeholders
- Help our teams use the empirical process to reach ever-higher levels of maturity and performance at a pace that is sustainable for the organization
- Enhance our ability to deliver value to our customers by helping teams remove impediments, self-organize, and focus on the highest value work
- Help sustain a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear and people are committed to continuous improvement and collaborative problem solving
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within and across Scrum teams
- Assist with internal and external communication about the progress of Scrum teams, impediments, and opportunities to adapt
- Utilize and master the Atlassian suite of tools to conduct, track, analyze, and share activities of Scrum Teams
- Collaborate with Scrum and management teams to make adjustments based on tracking of key performance indicators, such as velocity and burndown
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years experience or combination of experience, education, and extraordinary performance as a member of an Agile development team as a Scrum Master or Agile coach
- First-level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, or PMI-ACP)
- Proven ability to promote collaborative and constructive inspection of processes amongst team members and stakeholders
- Experience using tools and metrics to track and report on the progress of Scrum teams toward their goals
- Proficient understanding of common Agile methodologies and techniques like Lean, Kanban, user stories, TDD, pair and mob programming, and Agile games
- Experience working in a software development lifecycle that includes continuous integration, automated testing, and/or continuous delivery
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about empowering teams through the application of Agile and Scrum
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to facilitate teams who deliver cloud-based software products
- Second-level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) or certification in other Scrum roles (CPO, CSD)
- Experience supporting a Scrum practice across 10 or more teams, especially with Large Scale Scrum (LeSS)
- Familiarity with developing on the Salesforce Platform, particularly developing managed packages as a part of the ISV Partner Program
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to motivate yourself and others, prioritize your own work, and adapt and thrive in a dynamic team environment
If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
nCino is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, nCino will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our commitment to inclusion and equality includes a strong belief that the diversity of our team is instrumental to our success. We strive to create workplaces where employees are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.