Deep Learning Expert Work you'll do
The Deep Learning Expert will support pursuits as part of a specialized pre-sales team focusing strictly on the latest Machine Learning tool and apply deep learning models to a wide range of problems. The DL expert will be responsible for working with other data scientists, solutions architects, front-end and back developers as well as business-oriented pursuit teams to design and build technical solutions. These will often be in the form of prototypes and dashboards to prove out a concept.
The DL expert is expected to advice specifically in the area of deep learning, develop AI solutions and guide more junior data scientists. This will include technical and non-technical advice across the entire pre-sales development lifecycle and may include working with the post-sales delivery team which will be taking the prototype to production. The Deep Learning Expert is expected to design solutions, conduct code reviews and optimize computations by leveraging superclusters and GPU computations. The team
The machine learning group sits in the Deloitte Platform (DP) practice, part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, which supports the firm on a technical level to offer a variety of mixed services to provide the clients' needs. The machine learning team specifically focusses on creating products and solutions that require deeper analytical and problem-solving skills to create tangible results. This is a continuous cycle where we strive to keep innovating and provide state-of-the-art assets. Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field and 4+ years of industry experience
- Working experience with tools such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, MxNet or other deep learning libraries.
- Proven python skills
- Design and refinement of deep learning algorithms through all layers of an application such as frontend, integration, application, and business logic.
- Dependency management as well as source code control such as Git
- Experience developing in cloud-based applications (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Working experience in performance tuning of end-to-end (E2E) service APIs
- Other language expertise like R, C++, Scala is a plus.
- Experience with GPU-based training and optimization is considered a plus.
- Familiarity with ML operations services such as SageMaker or other industry standards.
- Solid understanding of best practices such as test-driven development and industry established code quality standards
- Strong team player used to work in an agile (scrum) environment with tools like Jira
- Strong communicator - ability to adapt verbal, written communication to audience
- Familiarity with security best practices