Designer - Outdoor Products
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter based in Towson, MD.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expected to create and modify working models of new product concepts using 3D CAD software (CATIA)
- Create 2D drawings and possess an understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Expected to create and maintain drawings and bill of materials in product lifecycle management system (Windchill).
- Create wire up assemblies and packaging enclosure for power tool controls.
- Conduct simple mechanical tests in laboratory when required.
- Work with model shop and outside suppliers to have prototype parts fabricated, inspected and built into working assemblies.
- 2 year vocational-technical training degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design position.
- Experience using product lifecycle management software.
- Demonstrated experience designing parts, assemblies and drawings utilizing CAD (CATIA V5 preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment and able to self-delegate tasks from several engineers.
- Demonstrated hands-on problem solving skills and can do attitude. Able to independently build and modify product assemblies and prototypes. Self-motivated, results and goals oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially excel
- Basic understanding of power tools, motors, mechanical principals, battery design and electronics technology is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resourceswithin our prototype shop and through other available learning
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.