Excellent opportunity with one of our direct end client located in Ashburn, VA, following are the requirement details:
Position: Ghost DevOps Engineer
Location: Ashburn, VA
Duration: 6 Months (Temp to Perm)
Note: WFH until Covid situation exists
Key Skill: Highly proficient in Ansible infrastructure (playbooks), Python and some Network Engineering/Design.
- Client is looking for candidates with a strong background in software development and networking experience to support automation of Client’s Ghost deployments.
- The DevOps engineer’s primary responsibilities will be the development of Ansible and Python scripts used for automation of deployments. Other responsibilities include administration and management of existing infrastructures, and the design and implementation of cloud-based automated deployment scripts. This position offers an excellent opportunity to grow with a dynamic team of developers.
- Develop, enhance and maintain existing Ansible deployment scripts, while adhering to application installation and configuration requirements
- Proactively work with application developers to determine application installation and deployment requirements, and ensure they are satisfied in a variety of environments and deployment configurations.
- Maintain and/or enhance existing CI/CD pipelines to improve development team productivity
- Administer and maintain existing internal software development infrastructure
- Administer and manage existing infrastructures such as Gitlab and build server
- Be able to quickly ramp up on and assess technologies used in the application or to simplify deployment automation and monitoring
- Review deployment architectures and provide feedback on best practices and improvements on efficiency and cost.
- A degree in Computer Science or other related degree (additional 6 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- At least six years of professional experience in software development, with two of those years working on DevOps work (automation of application deployment)
- Proficient with Ansible, Python and AWS technologies (i.e. VPC, EC2, EIP etc)
- Proficient with software installation and configuration on Linux, Windows Server OSes
- Proficient in Shell, Bash and various scripting libraries
- Possess a strong development background, understands software design and development best practices, and source code maintenance pratices such as versioning, branching and tagging
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, such as subnetting, routing, public vs private networks, hands on experience setting up various forms of networks a plus
- Experience with automation and deployment of network centric products and solutions a plus
- Experience building enterprise deployments on AWS or Azure a plus
- Experience with automated creation of Cloud resources using tools such as CloudFormation, SDKs, CLI a plus
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information which requires ship
Loginsoft Consulting LLC
Email: jobs (at) loginsoft (dot) com