Dev Ops Engineer II is responsible for deploying and managing the organizations next generation sequencing data analysis pipeline. The position works as part of a small and nimble DevOps team that is responsible for processing terabytes of data on a weekly basis. The incumbent will interact with hybrid infrastructure, AWS, SaltStack, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Docker, Python, and Kubernetes. Works under supervision of more experienced personnel when completing tasks. Simpler tasks are completed with minimal supervision.
- Implements Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps in transforming legacy environments.
- Researches, tests, and pilots a new metrics collection system that can be reused for any application stack.
- Helps implement and support a new configuration management system for a simplified orchestration workflow focused on applications, while phasing out legacy configuration management systems.
- Works closely with development staff and train them on proprietary information and keeping that data safe across the enterprise.
- Prototypes reusable patterns and tools then coaches developers on how to follow these best practices.
- Deconstructs old file stores with approved and defined solutions, without impacting the customer base.
- Anticipates issues before they impact infrastructure or customer base.
- Provides the build and deployment support to multiple projects, with input and guidance from senior staff
- Works with Configuration Management team to align organization and industry compliance best practices.
- Assists development teams in implementing the versioning and archiving of the software artifacts and validation documentation in AWS/S3/Glacier.
- Works with all teams in developing automation of manual activities in accordance with DevOps principles.
- Administers systems like Windows and Linux
- Explains ideas/concepts outside of developer wheelhouse simply and effectively
- Defines and implements industry standard practices around cloud platform security.
- Defines, implements and supports required certificates.
- Uses Shell Scripting regularly
- Configures and administers tools like GIT, Splunk, SaltStack, and Ansible
- Configures and administers Binary Repositories
- Other duties as assigned.
Required – High School Diploma or Equivalent or better
- Two (2) years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Two (2) years of experience with six or more of the following: Windows / Linux Administration; AWS & AWSCLI; SaltStack; Docker; MS SQL; MongoDB; RabbitMQ; Splunk
- Experience managing complex infrastructure projects