Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,500 individuals and closed nearly $12 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!Job Summary
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity for an experienced DevOps Technical Solutions Architect to join our highly collaborative DevOps Portfolio within the WWT Application Services Division. As the Technical Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for building and improving profitable Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies around DevOps capabilities, collaborating with stakeholders from the Sales, Services, Partner Management, Global Engineering, and Advanced Technology Center Engineering teams.Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions/Competencies
As the DevOps Technical Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Helping to develop and improve profitable service offerings centered around DevOps principles and practices
- Develop collaborative relationships with other WWT practices and partners to deliver on core offerings
- Create, cultivate, and manage existing and new relationships with clients and vendor partners
- Lead by example with personal discipline and continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with the DevOps Enablement services team, assisting with pre-sales technical support, engagement processes, and delivery framework processes.
- Create GTM messaging and presentation(s) to be delivered to partners, customers, and internal sales teams.
- Create technical labs and demos within the WWT Advanced Technology Center that align with the GTM messaging and customer demand.
- Provide field enablement (training and education) for WWT sales and engineering teams to enable them to properly identify, size/scope, sell, and deliver opportunities and solutions.
- Define and scope consulting and delivery services offerings in coordination with WWT and Partner professional services organizations.
- Create Digital content (blogs, podcasts, and presentations) in coordination with WWT and Partner marketing teams.
- Support EBCs and Workshops delivered to WWT Customers.
- Participate in industry and partner conferences, workshops, and meetings as a thought leader and presenter.
- Work with other teams as needed to augment current delivery capabilities as well as develop new delivery capabilities
- Identify areas of poor execution and work with respective teams to implement processes, training, or delivery capabilities that produce higher quality delivery experience for customers
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding, and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 10 + years in relevant industry (software development or infrastructure engineering with a proven track record of using Agile, DevOps, and Lean Methodologies)
• 5+ years of successful leadership of individual and/or project-based teams Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in leading high-value customer engagements related to DevOps principles and practices
- Strong mentorship and presentation skills, comfortable working directly with customers/clients
- Critical thinker with the ability to navigate poorly defined problems.
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to represent and work with all levels of management internally and externally
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication skills
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish organizational and team goals
- Proven track record of partnering with the sales organization to drive new opportunities
- Exhibits natural servant leadership skills and attitude
- Continuous learner and natural teacher
- A strong background in delivering Agile and DevOps solutions, tools and techniques
Working conditions (if needed)
- Git or other version control systems
- Infrastructure as code principles, practices and tools
- CI/CD principles, practice, and tools
- Automation (Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Terraform)
- Kubernetes (Rancher, OpenShift, or VMware Tanzu)
- Agile software development processes
- Twelve factor/cloud native software design and refactoring
- Travel required up to 50%, including outside of the US
Does this job have direct reports? No
If Yes, List by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!