We first and foremost need someone with very strong document management skills. Additional Microsoft apps skills (.NET, SSRS, SQL) are highly preferred
The primary function of a contractor in this role is to support, maintain and enhance assigned system, our document management system and associated systems as assigned and related activities. The contractor in this role needs to be able to get an understanding of the customer s problem, trouble shoot it, find root cause and working with the rest of team, implement the required fix.
Essential Functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Contractors are responsible for all other duties as assigned related to this assignment.
- Participates in operational projects; performs programming and scripting utilizing various technologies including but not inclusive to SQL, T-SQL, Python, .NET, supporting technology utilizing Oracle, and SQL Databases; and assists with creating user interfaces, data base tables and indexes;
- Makes technical decisions concerning code analysis, design, requirements, development and implementation strategies;
- Designs, implements, evaluates and facilitates system tests for new applications or enhancements to current applications;
- Creates, debugs and runs SQL scripts to conduct data analysis, accuracy validation and data maintenance;
- Supports and maintains assigned application(s) by providing technical support to users; Writes, creates, and makes modifications to the computer application; troubleshoots computer programming problems to isolate program issues and takes appropriate action to correct;
- Develops and creates customized reports for the application(s) supported utilizing supported standard reporting tools; Writes user and system documentation in order to explain the use of the application and to document the operation of the application system Administers user access to the application system by adding, modifying or deleting users access levels as needed;
- Serves as liaison between City department(s) and Information Technology to plan, implement and administer the application(s) and to ensure the application supports the end user needs to improve operations and streamline work processes;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures;
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City s Safety Handbook.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Methods of computer systems analysis, design, configuration, installation and troubleshooting;
- Business practices and procedures, and problem-solving skills;
- Diagnostic methods for computer hardware and software;
- Programming concepts, data file structures, programming language and logic, and basic hardware troubleshooting;
- Analytical and research methods and techniques;
- SDLC and Quality Assurance best practices;
- Safeguards and security procedures for information systems;
- Technical project management methodologies and best practices.
- Follow oral and written instructions;
- Review and assess user needs and systems accurately to implement improvements in business processes and system design;
- Create business process and technical system flow charts depicting the process(es) the application supports;
- Analyze, develop and modify complex computerized database systems;
- Analyze existing and new procedures to determine the best data layout and work flow for automation;
- Ability to manage your time and tasks effectively and efficiently
- Review, understand and express both technical and non-technical ideas effectively orally and in writing;
- Create, debug and run SQL scripts to conduct data analysis, accuracy validate and data maintenance;
- Gather, document and present business requirements in a technical specification document;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other city staff, vendors, and the public;
- Maintain a professional demeanor during stressful situations;
- Develop reports utilizing various business intelligence and reporting tools and transmit data;
- Make sound and reasonable decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and established procedures;
- Troubleshoot and repair software and system equipment malfunctions;
- Create comprehensive test plans for software system testing.
- Three (3) years of recent systems application analysis, implementation, and programming experience including supporting multiple business practices;
- Three years of recent experience in IT supporting a document management system with multiple workflows is strongly preferred
- Three years of recent experience creating end user reports utilizing SSRS
- Three years of recent experience with .Net development some coding involved
- Three years of recent querying skills utilizing T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Need to have very effective written and oral communication skills
- Focus on solving problems on the 1st call (this is tier 2 support)
- Must have a positive, upbeat, can-do attitude.
- The primary duties of the position are performed in a general office environment.
- No telecommuting available