Apex Systems, LLC is immediately seeking a Cyber Action Officer
who is a self-starter, highly organized, is comfortable speaking with high ranking military personnel, and has a strong drive for quality. This position will support an Enterprise Level Government SI in the DoD & Intel arena, offering a strong upside for growth.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities in the Government Space, please send your resume and contact information to Tessa Moulds, Government Services Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org Client:
Enterprise Government Integrator Location:
Fort Meade, MD Compensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience Clearance:
Able to maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance with the DODJob Description
Provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and CoCOMs
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
- Serve as a lead for planning, coordination, implementation, validation, mitigation, and compliance of cyber security tasks.
- Prepare and present senior level briefings to share information and status.
- Build relationships with DISA POC's and other military/agency affiliates that interact daily
- Resolve problems with functionality or performance.
- Prepare orders for staffing and release and serve as main POC for inquiries and communications after order release.
- Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience; or Master's Degree 4+ years; OR 4 years of additional experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Must be open to obtaining a CEH within 180 days of employment
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Must have prior experience with executive level briefings to include senior level leadership & high ranking military POCs
- Compiling reports from multiple elements, making sense of the data, syncing the numbers up, and then formally & informally briefing large & small groups.
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain (CKC) methodology; knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and other cyber threat modeling frame works.
- Familiarization with STIGs process and structure
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com