Data Scientist (Python Developer) - Workforce Analytics
Within Deloitte'sWorkforce Analytics group, we help clients achieve competitive advantage through data and cognitive powered transformations that promote enterprise intelligence, autonomous processes, and precision stakeholder engagement.
As part of Deloitte's Human Capital as a Service (HCAS), the Workforce Analytics groupis the premier analytics-powered and platform-enabled cognitive consultancy. Our vision is to be the Analytics Cognitive Consultancy of choice, leading clients to the future of how humans and machines work together through insights enablement, application modernization, advanced value creation, platform transformation, personalized customer engagement and workforce evolution.
Work you'll do:
As a Deloitte Data Scientist - Workforce Analytics, you will use data and analytics methods and technologies to help clients interpret data and make informed business decisions. You will work collaboratively with diverse clients around the world and provide Data Science expertise to our People Analytics Consulting practice as they provide change management and help clients design business processes that integrate predictive modeling within their existing infrastructure to drive change.
• Great passion for data exploration and wrangling, analytics design and build, insight extraction, programming, and modeling
• Critical thinking to debug programs, create strong variables, iterate modeling techniques, etc.
• Curiosity about what the data says and the analytics that extract insights
• Perform data manipulation, wrangling, cleansing, and analysis (in Python, R, or SAS)
• Knowledge of internal and external data sources, structured and unstructured, etc.
• Build, iterate, and validate predictive models using multiple statistical techniques
• Interpret, contextualize, and present results to clients
• Provide support and assistance for the implementation of predictive models
• Preferable to have additional specialty skills (e.g. sentiment analytics, NLP, social media and web scraping, visualizations, etc.)
Based out of our US Delivery Centers (USDC)in Gilbert Arizona orLake Mary Florida, you will work with the Deloitte Consulting organization to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. If not local to one of these locations, we can help by providing relocation assistance depending on how far you are moving.
Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from data scientists, architects and integrators, to creative visualization experts, actuaries and human capital professionals. These specialists work together on diverse projects from advanced Big Data solutions and methodologies, to precise AI and analytics solutions. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of everyone, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of hands on experience with PYTHON
• 1+ years of external consulting experience
• Solid statistical understanding
• Experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming
• Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tool
• Must be local or willing to relocate to Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL (some relocation assistance is provided)
• travel up to 20%
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Master's Degree in Data Science
• Preferable to have additional specialty skills (e.g. text / sentiment analytics, NLP, social media and web scraping, etc.)
• Experience working with large data sets
• Experience with predictive modeling and/or machine learning
• Experience in data mining
• Extensive knowledge of tools used for data mining and statistics
• Experience in Workforce Analytics
• Experience productionizing machine learning models
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment and as an individual
• Strong work ethic and desire to help clients improve their businesses
• Strong desire for success
• Business analytics experience in one or more of the following industries: Insurance, Consumer Products and Packaged Goods, and Human Resources
• Modeling expertise using techniques such as logistic and linear regression, decision trees, neural networks or clustering techniques
About Deloitte Consulting's Human Capital as a Service
Human Capital as a Service (HCAS) is focused on developing and delivering a Human Capital Platform of products and research, enabling digital organization and helping clients improve their performance and better adapt to disruption in their business. HCAS delivers insights to clients through a modern, digital destination for employees, managers, and HR Professionals. This offering helps organizations to move faster, adapt quickly, learn rapidly, and embrace a dynamic workforce.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professi onals.