What We’re Looking For:
Our teams are growing and we are looking for a BI Architect to join our team. This role will function as the Business Intelligence Architect in a team of Business Intelligence & Analytics development resources. This position is responsible for proactively developing architecture and strategies for optimal analytics/reporting and information management solutions.
We’re looking for a BI Architect who can design, deliver and direct creation of data movement solutions, data modeling, cleansing, conforming, tool usage, security, source code management and analytic self-service. They will work closely with the BI Product Owner, Business Liaisons, and the business to obtain a solid understanding of the business needs and long term objectives and be able to help align the data needs to meet the business growth objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate across the organization to determine a relevant data collection and aggregation strategy, data warehouse and transactional data repository approach
- Lead data architecture definition and work with product owner and technical resources on design approaches and tool usage. Reinforce need and consistency of, and participate in, peer reviews around architecture, designs, code and unit tests.
- Provide insights to the business intelligence / data strategy to facilitate the use of information throughout the organization.
- Architect, plans and drives data integration work.
- Develop data dictionary and own a data governance program and process
- Leads the data architecture, analysis, design and implementation, and ensures that the delivered product fulfills the requirements.
- Utilize Agile development practices to deliver incremental business value
- Maintain knowledge of current research, trends, technology, and best practices related to data management, data warehousing, analytics, advanced analytics and data science.
- Participate in the creation and ongoing refinements of data warehouse and business intelligence standards and best practices
- Drive data audits, code reviews, QA, integration and testing activities
- Prepares activity and status reports for active projects as required
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Researching and overcoming complex and challenging business requirements with creative data and analytic solutions and systems
- Building out a platform that can help monetize and produce new product opportunities for all of the DHI brands
- Influence the evolution of DHI EDW, Big Data, Master Data Management, BI Strategy and Architecture
- Mastery of SQL and data modeling techniques and best practices including Kimball and Inmon approaches
- Experience and high level of comfort with data analysis, data profiling, conforming data and data integration solutions. Experience with Data Governance as well as Master Data Management approaches and solutions.
- Solid experience with the following technologies and platforms:
- MS SQL, Postgres, Redshift, Tableau, Attunity, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Powershell etc
- Strong SQL skills using large data sets (multi-terabytes); experience in tuning; problem analysis and resolution
- AWS experience is a plus
- Successful experience training developers on BI tools and solutions
- Self-starter and results-driven individual
- Written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- 7+ years hands on experience within the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence disciplines
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Background Checks Required