DHI Group is a fast-growing provider of specialized career sites that cater to distinct professional communities. Our primary mission is to help professionals in the communities we serve find the best job opportunities and further their careers. Our focus and commitment set us apart from the competition. To learn more about our brands please visit www.dhigroupinc.com.
We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer who has experience in automation (and some manual as needed) testing to join our Technology team. This individual will play a crucial role in the larger automation strategy by helping to develop and support an automation suite for all aspects of our brands’ platform as they’re deployed across multiple brand sites. As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will ensure that the products we design deliver the best experiences to our users. Your work will impact every user interacting with our sites on any device.
When you become a DHI team member, you join a company that values their loyal and enthusiastic employees by providing them a competitive salary, great benefits, including a 401(k) match, generous paid time off, casual dress, wellness program, fitness club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
There’s a reason why we have such great talent retention – our work environment. If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider DHI Group.
- Work within an agile software development team acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Quality Assurance and Automated Testing
- Write new and update existing tests ensuring broad and deep coverage across the functionality and codebase
- Plan and execute performance tests using tools like JMeter
- Coordinate with other DHI QA members to enhance/expand tool, pattern, and practice knowledge and expertise
- Troubleshoot and provide failure analysis of issues identified from the automation suite
- Generation of Golden Data for UI/data validation
- Provide communication with partnering teams regarding testing progress, dependencies and risk
- Review and interpret all documentation related to testing, including business requirements, user stories/acceptance criteria, and functional and design specifications, to provide input to the project team regarding the planning of testing activities
- Provide detailed test reports and metrics to document the status and any risk for current releases
Required Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, and Education
- 5+ years of experience testing web based applications with a strong background in building comprehensive automated frameworks from scratch
- Strong background in QA methodologies and best practices
- Deep experience with common automated testing frameworks and platforms such as Protractor or Selenium
- Ability to analyze automated test results and metrics and to perform root cause failure analysis
- Ability to write and execute detailed test cases that exercise all aspects of the system under test
- Experience with performance testing tools (e.g. JMeter)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Must have a grasp of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS, responsive design, etc.)
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with agile software development methodologies
- Exposure to Continuous Delivery (CD) a plus
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in related field or equivalent experience