DHI is looking for a highly engaged Software Engineer to join our team. We are designing and developing an entirely new platform using native AWS technologies. You will have the opportunity to explore new ideas and solutions and play a major role in how we build our new platform.
You will be part of an Agile team culture with people who embrace shared goals and deliver new product features often. If you like to learn, you will like it here. Our best engineers are adept at picking up new things and thrive in our cross-functional team environment where there are many challenging problems to solve. It’s ok if you consider yourself more of a front-end or back-end specialist as long as you are excited about learning and helping others learn.
We are looking for a positive, flexible and hands-on engineer who is passionate about using emerging technologies and writing quality code. You will be part of a high caliber team working in short iterations, building production-ready software. If you’re tired of a corporate cubicle job and want to join a fun, passionate team with limitless potential, we would love to meet you.
- Designs, develops, and implements web-based Rest APIs and applications to support business requirements.
- Work with our Design and UX team to design, create and implement UI components that are engaging and easy to use.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Develop automated unit, integration and E2E tests
- Design and develop Continuous Integration pipelines
- Generate API documentation
- Collaborate with Architecture on the design of projects.
- Follow and help influence API design standards across the technology organization
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment, collaborating with peers from around the world.
- Evangelize good software engineering - always be learning.
- You will have some of the following knowledge, skills and attributes
- Willingness and desire to learn new and different technologies
- Experience analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment.
- Background working in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Hands on experience implementing automated unit, integration and E2E tests for both front end and backend services. TDD experience is helpful.
- Experience working in an AWS environment
Experience with some of the following technologies or similar technologies:
- Java or other OO language, Python, SQL
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, RESTful Web Services
- Docker, Tomcat, Linux
- Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Postgres, MongoDB
- JSON, XML, YAML