DHI is looking for a highly engaged Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our team. We are designing and developing an entirely new Platform using native AWS technologies. You will have the opportunity to explore new ideas and solutions and play a major role in how we build our new platform. As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will ensure that the products we design deliver the best experiences to our users. Your work will impact every user interacting with our services on any device.
You will be part of an Agile team culture with people who embrace shared goals and deliver new product features often. If you like to learn, you will like it here. Our best engineers are adept at picking up new things and thrive in our cross-functional team environment where there are many challenging problems to solve. The successful candidate will be competent in writing automated tests for a web based or API based applications and services.
We are looking for a positive, flexible and hands-on engineer who is passionate about using emerging technologies and writing quality code. You will be part of a high caliber team working in short iterations, building production-ready software. If you’re tired of a corporate cubicle job and want to join a fun, passionate team with limitless potential, we would love to meet you.
- Work within an agile software development team providing test automation expertise across the team
- Write new tests and update existing tests ensuring broad and deep coverage across the application functionality and codebase
- Work collaboratively with engineering team to identify test cases and suites best suited for automation
- Plan and execute performance tests using tools like JMeter
- Work with other DHI QA resources to enhance/expand existing automation framework
- Troubleshoot and provide failure analysis of issues identified from the automation suite
- Frequent use of SQL queries for UI/data validation
- Provide communication with partnering teams in regards to testing progress, dependencies and risk
- Provide detailed test reports and metrics to document the status and any risk for releases
- Play an active role and contribute to application design and development.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Evangelize good software engineering - always be learning.
- You will have some of the following knowledge, skills and attributes
- ˗ Willingness and desire to learn new and different technologies
- ˗ Five (5) or more years of experience testing web-based applications with a strong background in building comprehensive automated frameworks
- ˗ Experience with common automated testing frameworks and platforms across Java, and open source languages including Gherkin (SpecFlow, Cucumber, etc), Selenium, Rest Assured, JMeter, Appium or other mobile test automation framework
- Experience working in AWS and utilizing AWS technologies
- Ability to analyze automated test results and metrics, perform root cause failure analysis
- Strong SQL knowledge – responsible for complex data validation
- Strong background in QA methodologies and best practices
- Ability to write and execute detailed test cases that exercise all aspects of the system under test
- Ability to distinguish defects from enhancement requests
- Background working in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools: Jenkins or others
- Must have a grasp of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS, responsive design, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and Load Balancing
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with agile software development methodologies
Experience with some of the following technologies or similar technologies:
- Java or other OO language, Python, SQL
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, RESTful Web Services
- Docker, Tomcat, Linux
- Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Postgres, MongoDB
- JSON, XML, YAML