A client in the Nashville, TN area is seeking a Director of Applications for a permanent position.
The Director’s primary responsibility will be to oversee the effective operation of all business applications and the integration of data. Additionally, the Director will integrate new applications into the organization and manage changes to existing applications. The role supervises and maintains the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing. This includes the administration, monitoring and support of software and ancillary systems.
• Plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the Business Applications department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
• Management and lead of projects and initiatives related to application changes and implementation of new functionality.
• Direct a team of 3 technology professionals that support all the business applications within the organization, e.g. ERP, G/L AP/AR, POS, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Reporting, etc.
• Direct the development of any new software integration and manage internal systems integration to meet functional requirements and interface specifications.
• Assure effective communications are maintained within the department and externally; where appropriate involve employees in plans, and keep employees up to date on progress towards meeting goals
• Monitor performance of direct reports, provide quarterly performance reviews and provide coaching, mentoring and counseling as needed.
• Act as a technical lead for all technical integrations and functional delivery of projects and initiatives.
• Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Oversee the administration, operations, database maintenance and security of all applications to ensure effective operation, minimal downtime and data integrity.
• Direct development and delivery of enterprise reporting and delivery.
• Coordinate analysis and resolution issues on all system upgrades and changes.
• Ensure that new systems and changes are properly tested by developing and maintaining superior test plans in partnership with QA.
• Work with the IT operations team to deploy applications to required users
• 10 years of experience in application development and integration, preferably in a retail or ecommerce environment.
• 3 years of experience in managing enterprise reporting solutions or BI Tools.
• 2 years of experience managing a team in a technical capacity.
• Experience with designing and developing software applications using, Java, C#, SQL or similar language constructs.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
• Experience in best practice application architectures, integration frameworks, technical strategies to ensure stability and reliability.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and exhibit professionalism.
• Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure.
• Understanding of web-based systems programming and development
• Knowledge of mobile application development
• Experience in a retail environment in a technical capacity and/or experience in the C-Store/Petro industry
• Experience in support of ERP and or POS systems
• Financial institution experience
• Project Management/Project Team experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our Salaried and W-2 employees. 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.