Summary: The Capital Project Cost Controller will ensure engineering compliance, conduct costing analysis, create audit reports for small to major capital projects in an industrial manufacturing environment. Fortune 100 food & beverage company. Engineering background would be ideal. Majority of time will be spent onsite in Jefferson, Wisconsin, through travel of ~50% to plant locations within the US may be necessary. W2 contract engagement including benefits (PTO, health insurance, 401K), expected to run for several years.
Responsible to manage early management on project for engineering compliance, WBS, costing and to manage compliance audit and to train the auditor. The split of responsibility is described below.
- Early management for project team on engineering compliance and also link with Company contact mainly for other utilities / boilers
- Compliance audit and training of new auditors in order to have minimum 4 auditors active
- Early management for project team on WBS / maintenance actions plan and transfer of knowledge
- Costing analysis / CIAT / dashboard on project and communication with Co-eng and Zone Europe
- Coaching of project team and for factory engineer and project team manager back-up
- Management and control of pre project documentation preparation to include project charter and project management plan and associated documentation, flow sheets, layouts, costing, planning and specifications.
- Ensure that price equipment list is validated with Procurement / TAP and in compliance with CIAT and WBS.
- Implement work processes for standard documentation supports related to Project Management in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles as outlined in the Company's Engineering Excellence master document, CE & QA Certificates and Vertical core process.
- Responsible of the cost tracking and follow-up of each major project and some minor projects.
- Ensure follow-up and tracking of the agreed defined cost and timing.
- Manage the allocation of all expenditures to clearly defined assets and the entry into the assets register.
- Complete the project files and ensure that it is handed over to the client.
- Maintain, transfer across Company approved standard documentation related to capital expenditures projects. Transfer knowledge on compliance audit in order to train minimum 3 auditors.
- Train Company Project Engineer on vertical and key engineering project costing and documentations. Transfer the maintenance knowledge to the maintenance engineer from Tap team
- Ensure total compliance related to technical documentation is fully applied.
- Ensure a corresponding Change Management process is in place and applied, and drive the corresponding risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Ensure the application of human safety, food safety, hygienic engineering and environmental reviews and correct ways of working (contractor management, electricity, pressure vessels etc.) within capital projects and equipment maintenance activities.
- Support factories to comply with legal and corporate requirements for installations. Be in compliance on engineering for each major project. Be in compliance with co-eng on project dashboard, communication and on capex preparation on project charter and on PMP
- Minimum 5 years in the corresponding technical field, preferably in the food manufacturing or consumer goods industry.
- Proven track record in delivering Engineering Projects with cross Functional teams.