Our client is seeking a Data Scientist I for a position in Madison, WI. Relocation and sponsorship can be provided if needed.
The Data Scientist I uses exploratory data analysis to provide innovative solutions to complex problems. This position works with business partners to understand what the business needs and issues are to address, and applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to insights or improvements that have a significant financial impact on the organization.
- Leverages machine learning and predictive modeling projects across a variety of problem domains or business initiatives, building predictive models to support business partner objectives and business needs.
- Manipulates and investigates large and complex data sets and formulates data requirements and model specifications needed for development. Incorporates findings and provides industry and competitor insights as part of model development and enhancement.
- Works closely with business partners and domain experts to identify critical questions.
- Working with domain experts, develops problem definition, analytical approach, and research design for modeling projects.
- Works with business partners, both internal and external, to identify new opportunities and challenges.
- Participates in the selection of research tools and technologies, the design of a common research process, and brainstorming new opportunities and methodologies.
- Researches and maintains awareness of industry best practices and business strategies.
- Proactively brings in new and innovative ideas and approaches to develop business solutions.
- Monitors industry and competitor trends to determine the potential impact to predictive models.
- Leverages emerging technologies, open source tools, and harnesses new mathematical techniques.
Well-qualified candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with and analyzing massive sets of unstructured data
- Demonstrated experience using large amounts of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Proficiency in programming languages suitable for database access, scripting, and statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with version control for software development
*A full position description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Find out why TeamSoft is the technology leader with over 200 IT consultants. Managed by IT professionals, TeamSoft is the clear choice for your career. Join the TeamSoft family today!
Did you know?
- TeamSoft offers salaried options for many positions that include 5 weeks PTO and great benefits!
- TeamSoft has been in business since 1996
- TeamSoft’s Executives are IT professionals who possess a wealth of experience in application development, business analysis, and project management
- TeamSoft’s Recruiters are knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to help you make your next great career move
- TeamSoft offers a full benefits suite to all of our W2 consultants, including a 401k plan with a 100% vested 4% dollar for dollar match
- Our targeted selection process is designed to get to know your strengths and career interests and provide you with the best chance for success in your new position
- Our longest running consultant has been with us for 16 years
- Consultants can participate in our charitable giving committee. To date, TeamSoft’s charitable giving committee has donated over $100,000!
TeamSoft is operated by IT professionals. Our team has deep experience with IT staffing. Our clients understand this and rely on our expertise. That is why TeamSoft is the largest IT consulting firm founded in the Madison Area, with more than 200 current consultants! With over 50 active clients, TeamSoft will give you the greatest exposure to the widest range of IT careers.
Our executives possess a combined 60+ years of IT consulting experience. Our recruiting and Account Management staff are very well-versed in our client markets. We get you. We know you. We know what you do every day. And we know what you deal with on the job.
You take your career seriously and so do we. At TeamSoft you are not just a resume or number. Our goal is to create long-term partnerships with each of our consultants, and according to feedback from many of them, we are very good at this.
Click HERE to see what our consultants have to say about working with TeamSoft.
TeamSoft – Promote yourself!
TeamSoft is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.