Description Job Description:
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverable of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support ability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- BS degree and and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency and knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with DevOps frameworks
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, at minimum
- Active CBP BI
- Experience with CBP
Experience on AWS, CI/CD, SecDevOps is a plus
cbpoitExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range: