What does a Clover Web Engineer do?
As a Web Engineer at Clover you will collaborate with a team of engineers to design, build and support the features / functionality of Clover web platforms with the aim of providing best-in-class experiences for our users.
On the Core Experience team you'll build and own fundamental user experiences surrounding Account Setup, Web Login & MFA, Merchant Web Dashboard and Notifications. Many of these areas are the first that new Clover customers experience in our ecosystem and first impressions can have a distinctive impact on customer satisfaction.
You will collaborate with product and engineering managers to scope, architect and execute on key features/enhancements that will reshape how our users access Clover products and services.In this role you can expect to:
Basic Requirements for Consideration
- Own one or more services; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Take ownership of new products/features from development through to deployment and monitoring.
- Identify and write automated tests for new web features and update existing tests as needed.
- Collaborate with server developers / engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed.
- Work with colleagues to develop test plans / strategies.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field.
- Experience with web build systems - Webpack, Gulp, Grunt etc.
- Experience with web application architecture and DevOps principles.
- Experience with API integration and best practices - REST, GraphQL ext.
- Experience with web deployment constructs - CDN, NGINX, URL Rewriting, Web Config Management.
- Experience with general web concepts: HTTP, CORS, Security Headers, Browser Caching.
- Experience supporting high-traffic web applications.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Experience with revision control and code review tools like Git, etc.
- Previously worked as a member of a high performance Agile Sprint team.
- Comfortable writing developer tests.
- Experience working with international and remote teams.
Learn more about Clover:
- Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) / ServiceWorkers
- Webpack Module Federation
- Micro Frontends
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.
- Knowledge/experience with web ADA compliance (ARIA, keyboard nav, screen-readers).
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the "big guys." At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteranExplore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
*Pay Range $140k-$165k/year