Senior AWS Cloud Administrator
CGI is seeking an AWS Cloud Systems Administrator with a proven experience to join its Healthcare Practice. The candidate should demonstrate expertise and experience on Cloud Infrastructure assessment, benchmarking, planning, sourcing and implementing a wide range of cloud, mobile, communications and collaboration services. Must have experience in Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices. Must have experience estimating AWS costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build extensive technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
• Manage instances of FedRamp compliant cloud infrastructure and services in GovCloud environments.
• Perform high-level, day-to-day operational administration of complex multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits, patches, and upgrades.
• Coordinate, schedule and perform software installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and databases.
• Support and troubleshoot web applications. This includes deployment of Tomcat applications using AWS and utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues.
• Support applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
• Upgrade and maintain operating systems and application software on LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Linux) and Microsoft Windows (2008 R2, 2012 R2) platforms.
• Perform software installations, including support for Open Source tools, AWS Marketplace tools & COTS applications.
• Daily monitoring of the network, servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network and system health.
• Track and manage system certificates, privileged accounts, and database passwords.
• Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, after action reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports.
• Support for system and data security requirements, and documented system artifacts required for security certification.
• Implement and maintain encryption technology (PKI authentication, Vormetric, and KMS).
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing mass storage space requirements.
• Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinate installation and support operations.
• Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot across multiple applications and create run books and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established.
• Test, evaluate, and recommend next generation software applications and virtualized services for suitability for deployment on managed cloud systems.
• Maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures in support of Approval to Operate (ATO) certifications.
• Train other team members in the day-to-day operational support duties related to cloud infrastructure administration and management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator supporting Middleware and Enterprise Applications or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions.
• AWS certification on Advanced Networking and/or Security.
• Must have professional experience managing complex systems and workflow and complex projects with tight deadlines.
• Must have acquired prior experience with government ATO processes, procedures, and administrative support requirements for AWS Cloud and GovCloud.
• Full understanding of, plus 5+ years of compliance experience with, FedRamp and FISMA requirements and procedures for cloud computing.
• 7+ years of experience with building AWS infrastructure or migrating private on premise solutions to cloud hosting environments.
• 7+ years of experience in auto-provisioning of cloud AMI's using Cloud Formation Templates and Lambda scripts.
• 7+ years of experience with configuration management, cloud orchestration and automation tools.
• Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• 5+ year of experience with Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Micro services environment.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
• Extensive experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux system administration - administration within virtualized environments is preferred.
• Experience with AWS Services; EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS - or equivalent within Azure / GCP.
• Knowledge of and experience with monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
• Ability to perform cloud performance analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.