Title: IT Project Manager (Infrastructure/Security)
Location: Chicago, IL (must be able to work in the office in downtown Chicago)
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $90,000 - $98,000 Base Salary + Benefits
Work Requirements: / Holders / Authorized to Work in the US
Travel: Not Required
TekPartners has some of the most sought after information technology positions available. As a reputable IT solutions and professional staffing provider, you can trust us to place you in the best position to further your career. We currently have an opportunity for an IT Project Manager (Infrastructure/Security) opening in Chicago, IL that could be right for you.
The Project Manager will manage various IT projects in the areas of IT Infrastructure and IT Security, ensuring delivery of high quality projects within time and budget according to a pre-defined, consistent process. This role will manage cross functional projects focused on networking, hosting, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and other IT related areas. Must organize work and communicate with a variety with system architects and business owners from various areas. The position requires good project management, program management, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
• Work with other Project Managers, IT team members, stakeholders and other departments to ensure successful project delivery from project inception through closure.
• Create various project documents, including project charters, project plans, status reports, project risk assessments and project gating presentations. Work with project team to ensure relevant project documentation is created.
• Provide project gating presentations to the IT Directors during the various stage gates of their assigned projects.
• Report on the project pipeline, budget run, risks, issues and mitigation plans for assigned projects.
• Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects.
• Contribute to the project management best practices and standards within IT.
• Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 4 years of experience, including at least 2 years managing projects related to networking, hosting, disaster recovery and/or cybersecurity .
• Demonstrated experience contributing to process and methodology improvements
• Demonstrated knowledge and execution of project management practices, tools and methodologies, including an appropriate project management tool (Planview, Microsoft Project, etc.)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business or Management Information Systems
• Legal experience
• Experience with transactional systems, particularly in the accounting, finance or human resources functional areas
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good judgment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities