Role : Quality Inspector
Location : Phoenix, AZ 85023
Duration : 12 months
Capable of multitasking in a dynamic, fast paced Aerospace production environment. Operates primarily in a self-directed manner with overall direction from the Quality Assurance Manager. Works directly with Production, Process Control, Engineering, and Shipping/Receiving. Supports the effective implementation of quality policies and associated procedures.
Performs mechanical inspection of products to ensure in-process and end product quality of parts, components and assemblies. Utilizes standard mechanical instruments, CMM's, functional gauges, test fixtures, etc. for variable data collection.
- Perform First Article Inspections of parts, materials, components, sub-assemblies, assemblies, tools and final product configuration using customer blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, purchase orders, and other applicable sources to observe, measure, record conformity to customer, regulatory, and company specifications.
- Review contracts, purchase orders, drawings, routings, shop instructions and other planning for quality requirements
- Support the qualification of new products
- Ensure correct methods, tools and criteria are used for inspection
- Assist Production with continuous improvement activities by providing guidance and leadership
- Identifies and segregates nonconforming material to be properly documented and recorded
- Prepare and use standard documentation for reporting inspection data
- Record variable inspection data on Detailed Inspection Plans (DIP) for the purpose of capturing measurement results
- Able to exhibit an accuracy in judgment for ascertaining critical components
- Able to use sampling plans to establish product acceptance in line with customer specifications
- Verifies production and Engineering qualification processes for compliance to process methods and procedures
- Skill-set required to conduct receiving inspection
- Develop positive relationships and effective lines of communication with all functions, suppliers and customers
- Perform other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned
- 6+ years of Aerospace manufacturing experience as a First Article
- 6+ Inspector
- within a machining environment
- Must have CMM programming experience & Knowledge of ASME-Y14.5
- Ability to perform surface plate layout inspection
- Knowledgeable with CMM Inspection methodology
- Good organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to use common inspection measurement tools, such as Calipers, Micrometers, and Gauge Blocks and Bore scopes
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and symbols - must have strong GD&T skills
- Ability to understand & apply problem solving methods, statistical sampling & inspection technique
- Experience with continuous improvement a plus (i.e., Six Sigma, LEAN, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft office suite
- High School Diploma, GED required, or technical school diploma required.
- Ability to read and speak English