Description Job Description:
Leidos' Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation is seeking an IT / Sys Admin for our Tewksbury, MA office. This individual will be a contributing member of the Engineering team providing support for IT related issues as well as software product development activities. Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain security systems for the aviation division of the SD&A Business Unit. Interact with Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop systems that are consistent with customer requirements.
This individual's primary focus will be on proactively identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving IT/Sys Admin related issues as related to computers in our products, at our customer sites, and SD&A Engineering workstations and SD&A servers. This includes disaster recovery planning, maintaining IT hardware and software, handling emergencies, coordinating maintenance downtime, etc. for critical systems that affect the entirety of our facility.Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- System administration and tool support for the usage of tools and resources such as Azure DevOps, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), PDM Works, operating system installs, disaster recovery, TCP/UDP networking, etc.
- Senior-level understanding and implementation of IT/Sys Admin related requirements for the computers/operating systems in our products such as implementing scripts enabling customer required security lock down procedures, security hardening, group polices, etc. and troubleshooting related issues.
- Work across multiple technical areas, including hardware, software, and networking, to manage servers.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties as part of disaster recovery and server maintenance responsibilities
- Influence team leaders within the facility and CIO regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Assist in the qualification of new computers when called upon (validating new laptops to resolve computer platform obsolescence), acquiring and configuring hardware device drivers, etc.
- Print server management (adding/removing, drivers etc)
- AD group membership/NTFS permission management
- FlexLM licensing management
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, computer networking, or similar, with 8-12 years of directly relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience setting up and troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server, Windows drivers and peripherals, TCP & UDP Networks, Hyper-V (preferred) or other virtualization technology.
- Working knowledge and experience in the following:
- Identify, Diagnose, and resolve IT related issues for the engineering users of the network, personal computer, servers, and software tools. In some cases this will require that additional support is requested and coordinated with the Leidos IT support organization. Resolve networking related issues as they arise.
- Timely repair of PC and server computer equipment, operating systems, and software.
- Become intimately familiar and ensure compliance with customer IT related product requirements as related to computer lock-down, etc.
- Assist functional groups as needed for continuous improvement activities such as the migration to newer versions of TFS and/or SharePoint. In some cases this will require the generation of scripts and/or generation of additional software tools.
- Assist in the configuration and ordering of new computer equipment.
- VMWare (Esxi, VCenter, P2V etc)
NAS/SAN (EMC, NetApp, Isilon)
Cohesity (Backup/replication management)
Windows/Linux (OS management, config, deployment)
General networking understanding and experience (routing, VLANs, interconnectivity)
- Must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a cross-functional development team environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts, including project and division leadership.
- TFS/Azure Devops, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, Git, NuGet, Cloud environments, Docker, Kubernetes, Active Directory, and designing, documenting, implementing, and troubleshooting networks including fiber, switches (layer-2 & layer-3), firewalls, and routers.
- Experience with SCCM, Citrix, IIS/web server, general SQL knowledge, Splunk or ePDM.
- Travel: Must be willing to travel. If travel is necessary, typically will be less than 5%.