Seeking an IT Security Project Manager in the Costa Mesa, CA area for a contract position.
Candidates need to be local as the candidate would need to be able to come onsite 2-3 times a week per business needs.
Please note this position requires the successful completion of a background check, drug screen, employment and education verification prior to starting work. Key Responsibilities:
- Own project delivery by leading project teams through the full project lifecycle (i.e.: Idea through Closure) Gathers detailed requirements to establish the project deliverables, and manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project management plan updated and reflective of authorized project changes.
- Executes and leads the execution of tasks as defined in the project management plan to achieve the project goals, and actively manages project risk.
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Facilitates the creation and approval of business cases and utilizes historical data and expert judgment to understand project limitations.
- Establishes and maintains team members and project stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications.
- Serves as a project management subject matter expert, including guiding and mentoring other project managers; demonstrates expertise in a business process, professional discipline, market, or product.
- Manages project closure activities, including gathering lessons learned.
- Actively leads one or more Project Management Office (PMO) continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to demonstrate competence and gain credibility in the field of IT security among colleagues, management, vendor partners, and internal and external auditors.
- Liaison with and represent IT Security as requested or assigned in PMO led activities.
- Identify and author process documents for IT Security and, as needed, by the PMO.
- Ensure well-documented operational handover documentation for assigned project to facilitate a smooth transition.
- As assigned, author non-project related process and/or procedure documents to improve the efficiency or knowledgebase of the IT Security or PMO if requested.
- Knowledge and hands-on experiences of project management methodologies (PMI, ITIL, SDLC, Agile etc.) required Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders.
- Proven track record of identifying and leading continuous improvement efforts for a PMO Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task. Strong documentation and communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile certifications Experience within a regulated environment Ability to proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Strong understanding and work experience with project budgets and financial management Ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders.
- Ability to lead others during ambiguity.
- Experience with large, global, multi-year projects and programs CISSP or equivalent IT Security certification preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, and third-party security frameworks preferred.
- Knowledge of common information security practices as well as state and federal privacy standards, laws, and regulations a plus.
- Experience at collaborating with internal/external auditors, IT Management, and other internal parties to address security concerns a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology / Business Experience with project management processes, techniques, and methodologies (agile, waterfall)
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience managing projects of increasing complexity.
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
Local candidates are encouraged to apply
If you are interested in this position and feel you are qualified, please apply to JO#6560 along with your updated resume.