Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
A leader in supply chain and transportation is looking to hire a senior level Android developer to join their Santa Clara, CA team of engineers. This opportunity is also open to remote roles.
If you are a self-starter with strong mobile developing experience looking for your next opportunity, this is for you! The company that is hiring needs good developers with strong attention to detail due to the extreme importance their app has on their company's mission. Required Skills & Experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years' Kotlin, 5+ years' experience building Android apps using Java.
- Strong optimization skills.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Experience with concepts of Android like activities, Views/View Groups, Fragments, Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers.
- Experience with Coroutines, Firebase Messaging, WorkManager (async task), Navigation Component, Single Activity application, Location tracking, sqlite (Room) database handling, loaders, UI Layouts, widgets etc.
- Ability to design applications around Android recommended user interfaces, such as "Material Design".
- Experience with performance and memory tuning of complex Apps.
- Experience of accessing data as JSON/ XML using REST APIs.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality and performant Android apps.
- Engineer responsive, maintainable and performant apps.
- Set and maintain high standards of development practices and help the team adopt them.
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality production is highly important.
- Make technology choices and follow modern development practices.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.