Title : C Programmer/Developer
Location : Woodlawn, MD.
Duration : Long term
- The C Programmer/Developer is the Technical Lead for multi-platform batch environment support and will be responsible for developing, reviewing, updating, modernizing, testing and implementing existing programs, scripts, utilities and automated reports.
- The selected candidate will be a hands-on developer and will be assisting in resolving any development/integration issues.
Responsibilities For This Position Will Include:
- Modernize all existing applications and tools used
- Review current applications and tools to determine functional enhancements that could be implemented, taking into consideration user feedback
- Provide Test Plans, Application Documentation, and Project Plan with milestones
- Implement and support the coded functional enhancements to existing applications Scripting
- Review all current processes including manual, coded, and scripted processes while considering requested enhancements
- Provide written recommendations as to how the current processes can be improved with an emphasis on additional automation
- Provide written recommendations as to how requested enhancements can be implemented into the application.
- Create new scripted or programmatic processes to replace the current processes, or to incorporate enhancements, while maintaining current deliverables and functionality
- Test, document and implement the new scripted or programmatic processes or enhancements Document
- Review and document the critical applications and tools used
- Provide written recommendations to modernize mission-critical tools and applications
- Create Software Design, Test Plan, Process Flow, Application Documentation, Database architecture, and User Guide documents for applications and tools
- Generate applicable installation requirements and process, noting required accesses to specific servers Tools
- Identify tools that can be used to automate manual processes
- Design, develop, and implement the identified tools
- Provide necessary documentation for tools prior to implementation (software design, test plan, process flow, user guide, application documentation, database architecture)
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 5 years of relative experience, or 11 years of relative experience in a related IT field in lieu of a degree
- 5 years of experience in developing applications using C
- 2 years of experience with modernizing applications
- 2 years of experience with Bit Bucket
- 2 years of experience with the Red Hat Linux Operating system
- 2 years of experience with Control M, Control M/EM calendars
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience and proficiency with the following:
- Agile development
- Control M, Control M/EM calendars
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.