Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Drives enterprise digital transformation, Cloud adoption, optimization, and automation by applying broad technical skills, with deep industry knowledge and business acumen. Introduces capabilities (inclusive of all functions) to lead technical solutions that promote business strategy goals. Translates business needs into architectural solutions that meet performance, reliability, and security expectations. Applies enterprise roadmaps, principles, standards, and practices to drive Cloud strategies and execution. Serves as a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business capability planning, solution architecture, integration, data and information, security, cloud platforms, mobile, and analytics.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Leads preparation of Cloud domain architecture viewpoints and models depicting current, target, and interim states. Uses current state viewpoints to identify and analyze pain points and opportunities (PPOs). Lead advanced modeling and analysis to meet the strategic needs of the organization with respect to system, information, functional/non-functional needs, performance, and security/regulatory requirements. Create and utilize architecture patterns and ensure alignment with IT strategies and reference architectures. Ensure target state alignment and integration across architecture domains. Ensure upstream alignment / traceability to business needs via business architecture and downstream alignment / traceability with solution building blocks. Leads the extension / enhancement of domain architecture strategies, standards, and guidelines. Identify and support development of reusable domain patterns.
- Leads design, engineering, and implementation of assets for internal use in solutions to improve solution quality; collaborate through implementation phase. Leads peer reviews and represent the architecture domain in briefings to the Architecture Review Board. Oversees publishing and maintenance of viewpoints / work products in the architecture repository, ensuring they are organized, accurate, and accessible. Disposition stakeholder comments / feedback received via project and non-project channels. Ensures that regulatory and compliance issues are addressed in solutions.
- Leads cloud solution architecture development for complex, highly visible business initiatives using a strong blend of leadership and technical skills and a consultative approach. Lead concept elaboration to support integration of SaaS and PaaS solutions with legacy systems. Lead technical discussions with technical teams to develop transition roadmaps and architecture patterns to migrate legacy systems to cloud architectures. Lead rearchitecting applications and technology stacks to leverage cloud native technologies for data, application development, messaging, API gateway, security, AI/Machine Learning, and analytics. Leads the evaluation and establishment of new cloud-based technology stacks and concepts of operation to replace existing data center tech stacks working across the architecture domains. Leads the evaluation, rationalization, and implementation of existing tools (monitoring, systems management, operational, development, testing) to support a hybrid and multi-cloud environment.
- Leads collaboration with other teams (business and technical), key stakeholders, and partners to understand needs to maximize architecture impact and address technical limitations. Leads the evaluation/selection of a solution / product design that aligns with IT / Cloud Domain strategies, standards, and guidelines. Provides counsel to senior leadership and teams.
- Provides thought leadership in solution architecture, peer reviews, and architecture governance forums to push the thinking and cloud utilization opportunity. Ensures that IT portfolio decisions provide business value and optimize total cost of ownership.
- Leads research into emerging Cloud trends and technology to determine their relevancy and fit for the organization.
- Leads vendor evaluations and selection process broadly; leads vendor evaluation and selection for domain-specific tooling. Represent the architecture domain in the drafting of RFIs/RFPs and the evaluation / scoring of vendor proposals.
- Leads the development / enhancement of architecture domain methods and tools. Ensure the alignment / integration of Cloud architecture processes / deliverables with those of other architecture domains and SDLC disciplines. Leads development of domain related communications / education materiel for use with stakeholders and architecture / SDLC partners.
- Leads domain assessments for most complex new / proposed projects for architecture impacts in support of annual planning, resource estimation, and alignment with IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Provide input to project, product, and enterprise technology roadmaps. Provide regular reporting on progress, issues, and opportunities related to architecture domain.
Bachelor's Degree inComputer Science, Information Technology, or related field ORin lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Licenses/Certifications:
Certified System ArchitectExperience:
10 years of enterprise level Cloud Architecture experience, or equivalent. Minimum of 6 years enterprise level Cloud Migration Experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Advanced degree; Experience in 2-3 different architecture domains.
- AWS and Cloud Security Certification preferred.
- Proficient experience with AWS required, Azure/Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications, including relevant data privacy and compliance requirements. Familiarity with principles of network, application, and information security.
- Understanding of enterprise application integration technologies.
- Understanding of software engineering including DevOps, CI/CD pipeline, test automation, environment and configuration automation, etc.
- Familiarity with design thinking and similar principles is a plus.
Department Department:Enterprise and InfrastructureEqual Employment Opportunity
- Ability to motivate and influence others so that project objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to develop high quality solutions.
- Ability to coach, delegate, and develop architects and engineers.
- Ability to managing cross-domain architecture solutions and issues.
- Expertise with domain related architecture frameworks, methods, and tools.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and collaboration.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersFederal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship