Manager of IT Engineering - Azure Cloud Services (Job Number:
2119951 ) About Penske:
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion. Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. At Penske you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward. What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Manager of IT Engineering - Azure Cloud Services you will lead the Technical Services Azure technical staff through a diverse range of projects. You will be responsible for the reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of corporate systems hosted in Azure cloud, including storage platforms, enterprise email, directory services and applications related to E3 licensing. You will be keeping Penske updated with the latest technology and knowledge from the industry and implementing these changes across the entire organization.
This position must sit out of our IT Development center in Tampa, FL or our Corporate location in Reading, PA. Penske Responsibilities:
- Maintains and recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization systems standards
- Managing a staff, including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and associate performance. Maintain responsibilityfor team results.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep the environment compliant as related to Azure deployment.
- Support, troubleshooting, implementation, configuration, maintenance, performance monitoring and the development ofspecialized procedures relating to the use of the Data Center & Cloud computing environments
- Provide Leadership and daily oversight to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required. If no degree, then at least 5 years of information technology experience required
- 3 years' engineering experience in Microsoft Azure, at least 2 of which in a supervisory or team lead function
- Experience with HCI, Citrix, DELL, EMC and NetApp product lines
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- Comprehensive understanding of system architecture
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers and Virtual environments
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE Work Locations
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609 Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Tampa Job
: Information Technology Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):
: PTL.IT Engineering Manager Req ID: