Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX, and more.What You'll Do
As a Senior Architect - Solution Architecture, you'll be part of our IT team located in New Britain. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Translates business domain understanding and context to technical capabilities for technical architects and development teams.
- Accountable for collaborating with the business relationship manager and business stakeholders to understandbusiness requirements, identifying solution gaps, and available capabilities, and defining solutions to meet the business need.
- Research the market and approve Make vs Buy options to meet business requirements
- Document high-level design of solutions
- Support the determination of effort and skills required to implement solutions
- Ensure work scope is maintained and solutions are implemented, managing approvedChanges
- Conducts and guides application scan and risk review to validate privacy, security, and risk policies are met
- Responsible for examining the architecture of the current system and working with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems
- Guidance around how to leverage technology to solve a business problem
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to shape EA guardrails, standards, and patterns
- Trains and Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles, guardrails, standards, patterns, and frameworks.
- Guides outside partners to ensure SBD Requirements are met
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Undergraduate degree and 13+ years relevant experience, or
- Graduate degree and 10-12 years relevant experience.
- Preferred experience required in SAP IBP and APO solutions for complex and globally distributed supply chain networks
- Familiarity with agile delivery methodologies
- Infrastructure technologies, including cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Big Data Analytics, Data Architecture & Modeling
- Web/Mobile Technologies
- Expertise in application technologies/platforms/capabilities with a broader understanding of the overall environment
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back, and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!#LI-TRF2
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.