Address: USA-MA-Quincy-1385 Hancock Street
Store Code: IT Executive & Administration (2760797)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.For more information, visit https:// www.retailbusinessservices.com .
RBS Cloud Engineering group is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead, build, and coach the team responsible for developing enablement platform for cloud services. As a leader of this group, you will be leading Engineering, Automation and Cloud adoption functions to provide cloud services to the business.
You will be a leader ready to build Cloud as a product with roadmap, product planning, enable infrastructure to be deployed and changed by code, solid design principles and enable agreed upon business objectives. This role requires global collaboration with leaders, managers, and engineers across different regions to support and drive the effective functioning of engineering efforts local to US.
You will have the ability to shape the future of our developer experience, build easy to use re-deployable templates, self-service, and development of tooling that make cloud easy and safe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver cloud solutions that includes Core Azure Services, Container platforms, Networking, Security, Cost management, Operating systems, Web applications and data services.
• Define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
• Own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
• Work with teams that practices Devops and Agile delivery, Development engineering and SRE mindset
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships and trust throughout the organization, including with senior leadership
• You will act as a sounding board for the team members looking for direction, and your experience helps to avoid pitfalls in adopting new cloud services, methodologies and or technologies.
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Plan and mange departmental budget and performance reviews of associates
• Contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates
• Collaborate with Solution architecture, Platform Reliability engineering, Managed service providers and Product teams for delivering solutions.
• A highly collaborative leader that is capable of formulating and advocating for a clear, impactful product vision and strategy and working cross-functionally to deliver on that roadmap.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
• 10+years' experience in Infrastructure technology solutions, DevOps, Agile development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
• 5+ years of experience leading, managing, supporting, maintaining, and automating private and public cloud environments
• 3+ years in management roles, managing teams, resources, projects, and budgets
• 3+ years of experience using IaC tools (ARM, Terraform, JSON, YAML, PowerShell, Github etc...)
• Experience crafting, implementing, and operating highly scalable and reliable platform solutions at scale on the public cloud like Azure or AWS
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies preferably Azure, including design, standard methodologies around securing cloud environments and hands on experience with IAC and SDLC models.
• Hands on experience managing Azure Enterprise-scale reference architecture implementations
• Experience in Full stack Cloud Infrastructure Engineering, Operations, and Application knowledge
• Ability to work in an Extreme Programming environment and work in a paired programming/engineering model
• Able to manage diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
• Hands on experience with IaC tools like ADO, ARM, terraform, ansible, PowerShell, python, azcli, github
• Experience working with and automating enterprise scale cloud infrastructure deployments
• Prior experience working in/with DevOps, Agile, automation and/or SRE teams.
• Prior experience managing Infrastructure and software development or devops teams with automation focus.
• Negotiation skills, stakeholder management and strong ability to manage opposing viewpoints
• Willingness to engage in discourse, ability to build strong business cases and understand various tradeoffs in architectural discovery engineering.
• Certification in Azure Administrator, Azure DevOps, Azure Solutions Architect - preferred
• Experience working in Product development/engineering teams.
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at email@example.com>
Job Requisition: 245693_external_USA-MA-Quincy_5102022