Defines customer needs in technical and business contexts. Ensure the proposed technical and business solutions meet the customer's objectives for the work effort. Provide guidance with planning and prioritization of business analysis activities in support of large project and support efforts.
•25% Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective. Identify and validate requirements and organize the information into a logical document using business analysis models that is understood by the customer and Information Systems.
•20% Respond to questions and ensure understanding of why the business solution was chosen. Guide both technical and customer departments in the development of the systems
•15% Ensure the accurate deployment of solutions through review of problem logs, assisting with test plans and test matrices, and other analysis activities
•15% Validate the business need for solutions to business problems and process improvements.
•10% Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the "big picture" direction of the business units to others who support them.
•10% Provide input on the business direction for system changes.
•5% Mentor less experienced business systems analysts.Required Education:
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other job related field OR,
- Four years of job related work experience OR,
- Two years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other job related degree
Preferred Work Experience:
- Six years of IT business analysis experience.
- Experience working in an Agile with Scrum environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience writing user stories and user acceptance criteria.
- Product Owner experience.
- CBIC experience.
- Quality Center/ALM experience.
Preferred Software and Other Tools:
- Demonstrated expertise in the concepts of the supported business unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard industry practices and procedures for the business unit.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, including the ability to express complex technical and business concepts to all management levels, peers, and the business units.
- Able to influence and negotiate solutions to business problems.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Understands how IT affects an organization and is able to link it to business processes.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to read and comment on test plans and test matrices, project plans, and scope and design documents.
- Has a conceptual understanding of project management techniques.
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
- Visio, MS Project or similar software, data mining using DB2, SQL, and/or other tools.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), HIPAA, LOMA
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.