YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
Develop strategies and technical solutions for data acquisition, data integration, and data sharing with Navy Federal's Omni-Channel, digital platforms in Near Real-Time. Responsible for engineering, designing, building, integrating data from various streaming, edge applications into high performing operational Hubs. Develop complex event driven applications with the goal of optimizing the performance of Navy Federal's messaging/event driven data ecosystem. Recognized as an expert with a specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in discipline. Solves highly complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. Leads functional teams or projects. Works independently.
• Design and build highly scalable data pipelines for near real-time data ingestion, processing, and data sharing through API's
• Coordinate with a group of System Integrators, Enterprise and Solution architects, and create a strategy, solution for streaming and event driven data processing
• Evaluate and select appropriate Change Data Capture (CDC) tools and technologies
• Define and build near real-time data ingestion processes and frameworks to be used across the organization
• Technical leadership and knowledge to provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations of streaming and event driven applications
• Be a hands-on mentor and advocate to ensure successful adoption of new tools, processes, and best practices across the organization
• Work directly with business leadership to understand data requirements; propose and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making and drives business objectives
• Prepare advanced project implementation plans which highlight major milestones and deliverables, leveraging standard methods and work planning tools
• Analyze and interpret collected data; spotting trends; writing reports and recommendations for internal or external clients
• Recognize potential issues and risks during the project implementation and suggest mitigation strategies
• Lead the preparation of high-quality project deliverables that are valued by the business and present them in such a manner that they are easily understood by project stakeholders
• Use statistical practices to analyze current and historical data to make predictions, identify risks, and opportunities enabling better decisions on planned/future events
• Communicate and own the process of manipulating and merging large datasets
• Expert and key point of contact between the API teams and the project/functional leads
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Working knowledge of message-oriented middleware/streaming data technologies such as TIBCO, Kafka/NiFi, MQ, Azure Event Hub
• Ability to architect layered and complex near real-time and event driven systems with an emphasis on micro services, and scalability
• Experience in handling large amounts of data in a scalable fashion across multiple regions, geographies to ensure fault tolerance and geo redundancy
• Experience in configuring, designing, developing and operationalizing at least one or more Change Data Capture (CDC) solutions (experience with Precisely Connect CDC is a plus)
• Advanced skills in Java including concurrency, asynchronosynchronous messaging, and performance tuning
• Expert skills in Web Services, REST APIs, Event and Pub/Sub messaging architecture
• Expert skills in developing and operationalizing various data distribution patterns like, APIs, event based, publish/subscribe data distribution models
• Extensive experience with IBM MQ, JMS messaging architectures
• Hands-on experience in configuring Azure Event Hub, Event Grid, Stream Analytics, logic/function apps
• Experience in developing Serverless workloads and architecture
• Deep knowledge of and experience scaling one or more of the popular data streaming and processing technologies like Kafka, Apache Flink, Spark, Spark Streaming, etc.
• Expert skills in enterprise API management products, processes and capabilities, designing and developing high throughput APIs
• Experience in containerized technologies like Kubernetes, AKS, Dockers, etc.
• General knowledge and experience with configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking, and problem-solving in a cloud environment
• Expert level skills in Python, Databricks, Azure Data Factory
• Experienced in the use of ETL tools and techniques
• Optimal understanding of SQL
• Ability to understand other projects or functional areas in order to consolidate analytical needs and processes
• Demonstrates change management and/or excellent communication skills
• Demonstrates functional knowledge of data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $92,900 - $184,400
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.