6+ month contract
Synergis is seeking a Software Engineer who is responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, software development/configuration, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our users love. The engineering process is highly collaborative.
Software Engineers are expected to pair daily as they work through user stories and support products as they evolve. Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration performing 3rd party configuration and set-up activities using specific process techniques, integration, design, and development.
Java Developer Responsibilities:
- 60%- Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test - -
- Writes custom code or scripts to do "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Program configuration/modification and setup activities on large projects using an approved methodology
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- 20%- Support & Enablement:
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for products
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- 20%- Leaming:
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
For immediate consideration, please contact Olivia Lopez: email@example.com
Synergis ( ) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over twenty-two years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer