Equal Plus Consulting has been engaged to search for a Software Asset Administrator to work on-site for a client based in Lawrenceville, GA.
Title: Software Asset Administrator
Start Date: ASAP
Term: 12 months
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Candidates must be local and be able to interview and work onsite.
The role of the Software Asset Administrator is to actively manage software assets. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software licenses assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize software spend across the organization. The Software Asset Administrator will also develop and make recommendations to improve procedures for tracking software to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles. The Software Asset Administrator will report directly to the Asset Manager.
Acquisition and Deployment
• Handle acquisitions requests submitted by departments by working request tickets and initiating shopping carts.
• Check budget information for accuracy and availability.
• Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, and maintenance/support reports.
• Investigate software under consideration to determine ROI and total cost of ownership throughout product lifecycle.
• Monitor and analyze trends in software spending in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
• Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used software assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from organization resources.
• Participate in evaluation of the software asset management process.
• Track and maintain copies of software licenses, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts, according to processes and procedures currently in place.
• Enter all software licenses into configuration management system and ensure information is up to date, accurate, and auditable.
• Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all software assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
• Research industry best practices and compare against the organization’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing software assets.
• Generate, distribute, and review relevant management reports.
• Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the asset repository.
Desired Position Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience
• 5 years direct work experience in a contract management or purchasing and procurement capacity, including all aspects of strategy development and execution.
• Solid working knowledge of software licensing agreements for the following vendors: Microsoft, Adobe, etc
• Strong familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory- tracking systems, such as Remedyforce Asset Management
• Solid working knowledge of current Software technologies,
• General knowledge of contract regulations and laws,
• Strong knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities in organization requirements, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
• Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Adept at conducting research into product- and service-related issues.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Customer service skills are critical.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and comply with organization policies and procedures.