Rhode Island Interactive has an immediate need for a part-time, temporary resource to assist in the migration of web-based content into a new enterprise content management system. The position will be based in our Providence office but remote during the pandemic and is expected to be needed up until June of 2022 and may be extended. Compensation is hourly and will vary weekly (up to a maximum of 25 hours) based on deliverable timelines guided by the Project Manager and system architect.
During the migration schedule, we will be using automated technology to move over 80 websites into a new Drupal-based system that allows our customer to better manage their content.
After each migration, the successful candidate will be tasked with reviewing every page of each site to make sure it is properly classified in the new system and to correct any legacy formatting or other issues not caught by our automated systems.
While identifying non-migration issues would be welcomed, the editing or rewriting of content is not in scope for this position.
Experience with Drupal or other content management systems is preferred but not mandatory as system-specific training will be provided.Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Rapidly review, categorize, and correct formatting issues for hundreds of pages of web content.
- Quickly raise questions and seek guidance from the Project Manager as needed.
- Identify and communicate common issues to the technical team to improve future migrations.
- Maintain a log of hours committed and work completed.
- Apply the same degree of focus to the five hundredth page as you apply to the fifth page.
Rhode Island Interactive (subsidiary of NIC Inc. [NASDA: EGOV]), located in Providence, Rhode Island) develops and manages the state of Rhode Island’s Web portal (www.ri.gov) and builds eGovernment solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of web-based content management systems a plus