• Reports To: Manager, Academic & Instructional Technology
• Department: Academic Administration
• Office Location: Charles Town, WV
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: April 5, 2017
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The eLearning Multimedia Developer develops state-of the-art interactive digital multimedia assets. This role creates visual communication and transfers knowledge through the digital assets they create. Additionally, the eLearning Multimedia Developer translates ambiguous ideas into powerful visuals such as videos, motion graphics, and other multimedia. The incumbent works in an environment that is fast-paced with tight production times.
• Works collaboratively with interactive eLearning architects to develop interactive digital content for online courses.
• Serves as scriptwriter, editor, photographer, videographer, and producer for interactive digital content.
• Prepares digital graphics, animations, sound, video, photographs, and images for editing.
• Produces motion graphics for video and schedules and conducts on-camera interviews for story development and production.
• Uses knowledge of lighting and sound design.
• Advises leadership on video/photo equipment requirements and emerging media practices.
• Works with a storyboard, wireframe, or script and produces quality digital media.
• Follows WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines for all multimedia developed.
• Delivers the finished product in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Uses knowledge of digital media and accessibility requirements to deliver a fulfilling and engaging student experience.
• Ability to manage projects and assets in a highly efficient and organized system.
• Ability to produce, edit/optimize video and audio (After Effects/Premiere).
• Ability to create and edit motion graphics.
• Ability to provide multimedia ideas and produce all digital media for eLearning activities.
• Ability to establish working relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs), interactive eLearning architects, course builders and classroom support personnel.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of staff and articulate ideas to team members both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in hand-coding HTML and CSS.
• Experience using web animation software Tumult Hype, Adobe Edge Animate.
• Experience with e-learning authoring tools Adobe Captivate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Video/Film Production, Digital Media, Photography, or related audiovisual field and at least five years of relevant experience required.
• Minimum of three years of experience building interactive digital courses using various technologies required.
• Minimum of two years of experience working in higher-education required.
• Minimum of four years of experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After-Effects, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio, PC and Mac operating systems, cinematography, digital video file conversion, motion graphics, infographics, and still photography required.
• Experience working with DSLR photography/videography preferred.
• Prior experience working with project management software, stock libraries, digital assets management systems, and media servers preferred.
• Understanding of learning standards SCORM, LTI preferred.
• Conceptual understanding of online learning trends adaptive/personalized learning preferred.
111 W. Congress St. Charles Town, WV, 25414