Overview Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon-s global Technology organization, you-ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients- expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech. What You'll Be Doing:
Who We're Looking For: Required Qualifications
- Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program.
- Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain.
- Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models.
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program.
- Is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program.
- Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation.
- Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability.
- Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.
- Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise.
- Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market.
- Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Demonstrates the application of rigorous, structured methods and/or methodologies to the business analysis discipline
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with presenting to peers and/or leadership
- Integrity and leadership abilities
- Clear organization skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.