Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Performs complex analysis, design, development, automated unit, and integration testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment. The Lead Software Engineer is a hands-on role spending 100% of their time on design, development, testing and production support. Works with business partners, project stakeholders, contractors, and service providers to define system scope and objectives. Manages modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures. Leads stakeholder and product owner meetings to define software requirements and creates highly complex systems. Acts as a mentor to junior engineers. The Lead Engineer will use and support CareFirst DevSecOps Standards and related established practices.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of Oracle Cloud Projects. Performs and leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing of new applications and enhancements of existing applications. Serves as a subject matter expert for all Procurement and Financial systems and their subsequent applications. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Ensures compliance to the dev/sec/ops practices and policies. Understanding of architectural practices and design.
- Primary point of contact for resolution of all issues related to Ariba Procure to Pay & Oracle Cloud Procurement Modules. Identifies gaps in requirements and solves problems for the supporting staff. Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project. Leads the evaluation of risk and opportunity impacts to existing or proposed projects/programs and implements risk mitigation actions. Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability. Provides recommendations to infuse new technology. Compile, assess, and report data results from software testing and analysis.
- Supports the Reporting Manager as the technical team lead on the project. Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers. Confers with clients to identify requirements and determine desired outcomes to formulate the design of the system or offer alternatives. Demonstrated experience with front-end and back-end programing and integration frameworks and tools. Assist in the estimation of development of application features.
- Leads software design and development teams. Identifies, analyzes, defines, and coordinates business users, end customers, and stakeholder needs and translates them into technical requirements. Manages technical resources (hardware, software, licenses, and services). Plans and leads transformation initiatives to new software architectures. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team. Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions. Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices. Ensure code quality, deployment standards and practices. Support application security, compliance, audits and implement necessary changes. Collaborate effectively with onsite/offshore teams. Mentoring junior developers.
Individual Contributor - Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.QUALIFICATIONS:Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree inInformation Technology or Computer Science.In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Experience:
8 years Software design and development, software test and evaluation, software requirements managementKnowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Department Department: Corporate Financial SystemsEqual Employment Opportunity
- Source-to-Pay Process, leading practices and trends Supplier Management, Sourcing, Contracts, Requisition-to-Receive, Payables & Expenses.
- Hands on experience integrating Oracle ERP systems using RESt/SOAP APIs, microservices and API mangers such as Axway, Apigee, Streams such as Kafka, File based integration using sFTP.
- Hands on experience with Oracle EBS Application Architecture, Oracle EBS Database Architecture, Oracle Cloud Services, integrations using SOA/SOAP/RESt APIs and microservices architecture. Advanced SQL queries using PL/SQL.
- Oracle Cloud Procurement and Ariba data conversions, Inbound/Outbound Interfaces, and reports with 3rd Party applications.
- Hands-on experience with configuration of Cloud Procurement (Procurement, Sourcing, Supplier Management), prefer Oracle Cloud, or other vendors such as Ariba.
- Functional knowledge of Ariba procurement or similar cloud procurement service.
- Experience and Functional Knowledge of Oracle Procurement Cloud.
- Good understanding of at least one other major ERP cloud modules such as Finance, EPM, HCM etc.
- Required to have at least 1 or 2 full life cycle implementations experience in Oracle Procurement Cloud (Procurement, Sourcing, Supplier Management) with hands-on configuration experience of Oracle Cloud Procurement.
- Experience supporting some combination of Oracle Financial applications such as General Ledger (GL), Sub-Ledger Accounting (SLA), Financial Accounting Hub (FAH), Accounts Receivables (AR), Accounts Payables (AP), Cash Management Fixed Assets, Treasury, Procure-to-Pay(P2P), Invoice Modules.
- Experience in Healthcare domain.
- Works closely with Architects, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Value Stream Managers to provide insight into delivering business value and meeting objectives.
- Decomposes functional and technical requirements into project activities and tasks and provides conceptual design, prototype, and test cycles appropriate to a chosen technical solution.
- Identifies technical risks and develops mitigation strategies; introduces and recommends industry best practices and standards for the project.
- Evaluates and assists in the selection and procurement of hardware and software technologies and serves as a mentor for junior developers.
- Works with stakeholders as well as technical and analytical counterparts to define constraints and develop requirements and concept of operations documentation.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies ( e.g. Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure etc.).
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. cloud, SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers’ best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) for automated acceptance tests.
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/ Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework.
- Experience with deploying a global application and configuration management.
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to all levels of expertise.
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with integrating complex and/or existing systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date
Please apply before: 12/18/21Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship