Our Data and Analytics Solutions Eagle ACCESS Site Reliability Operations team is seeking an exceptional SROM who to ensure the availability, performance, maintenance, and support of Eagle-s largest premier client.
This position requires real-time and hands-on technical triage as well as proactive support in the form of system health checks and optimization. The SROM will be responsible for first & second level support of all technical operations for this client. It is a dedicated position requiring an exceptional level of client service, a deep understanding of the client-s use of the platform, and a proactive mindset.
This position will be located in our Wellesley, MA headquarter office as a part of the Eagle ACCESS Site Reliability Operations team. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring the health of Eagle environments in private and public clouds 24x7x365 with a primary focus on the health and integrity of the technology stack supporting our largest customer
- Provide first and second level support for all application and infrastructure related issues
- Perform Eagle software upgrade, installs, and advanced configuration/tuning
- Perform incident management, triage, and escalation
- Perform occasional on-call and weekend support as client maintenance schedules dictate
- Interact with business users and technical users both internally and externally building and building rapport
- Proactively seek opportunities to optimize throughput and keep the system healthy
Design and development of backend features and components - Collaborating with other developers in design and development - Reducing the level of technical debt of the backend codebase - Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution - Stewarding technical standards and quality - Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership The job holder uses existing and emerging technology platforms to design, develop and document technically detailed applications. . S/he also analyzes organizational needs and goals to develop and implement application systems. Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles. Execute full lifecycle software development. Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems. Ensure software is updated with latest features. Participate in deployment process following all change controls. Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans. Demonstrate team work. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to. Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge. Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all procedures used in system. Acts as mentor to junior level engineers . Prior experience with using a specific application development toolkit and knowledge of a backend development language required (i.e. C#, Java) S/he must have knowledge about the functions and features of modern and traditional structured methods for developing applications. Communications and organization skills; team work skills. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 2-6 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus; should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle S/he must also have experience developing in backend environment Job holder must be knowledgeable about cross-platform interoperability (multiple platforms. NT, Intranet, etc.) , major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform and features of multiple toolkits. S/he must be experienced at resolving hardware, software, and communications malfunctions and understand the business impact of resolving complications.
- 5 years or more of experience in a technology support position with demonstrated success
- Experience with Eagle technology preferred
- Ability to work comfortably in Linux command line environments and good understanding of basic Linux administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems support.
- Working knowledge of operations tools (monitoring, log analysis, etc.).
- Ability to follow complex sets of instructions and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues based on alerts and technical documentation
- Understanding of data center concepts that focus around networking, storage, and cloud computing.
- Ability to diagnose application performance bottlenecks with experience analyzing Oracle AWR preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.