An excellent Full Time opportunity for a Lead Software C/C++ Developer with our direct client in Irving, TX
Salary Range: $115k Per Annum to $125 plus 10% incentive
Client will transfer H1 Visas and spons
Once back onsite after Covid, they will be adapting a hybrid model – onsite and remote
Job Title: Software Engineer, Team Leader
Summary/Objective: Leads the activities of a software development team
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide maintenance support for existing software-based products.
- Design, code, debug and test new software products.
- Perform/Participate in software design and code reviews.
- Prepare detailed design and test case documentation.
- Prepare requirements and architectural design documents.
- Manage and lead a software development team.
- Provide training and onboarding for new team members.
- Oversee the evaluation of each assigned employee utilizing feedback obtained from matrix management and project leadership to employees, providing timely and appropriate feedback for good and poor performance.
- Plan and approve vacation for each assigned employee.
- Must understand and support all Quality, Product Safety, and Health/Safety/Environmental/Energy policies.
- Must understand and adhere to all relevant statutory or regulatory compliance obligations.
- Must understand, support, and adhere to the Integrated Management System policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Must understand and support relevant key performance indicators (KPIs), as defined in the goal tree.
Supervisory Responsibility This position has 4-6 direct personnel.
Work Environment The employee will be required to perform duties on a computer terminal. The employee may be exposed to shop floor conditions (i.e., noise, heat, cold, dust/dirt, etc.).
Physical Demands The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of an office work environment position.
- Capable of developing C/C++ applications for PC based and/or embedded real-time
- Understands object-oriented analysis and design
- Capable of using NYAB software engineering tools (SCM, Defect Tracking, Compilers, Debuggers, etc.)
- Capable of using real-time operating systems
- Understands UML based software design modelling
- Understands software project planning
- Understand Scrum development methodologies
- Has formal problem solving skills
- Use of Standard Microsoft Office Suite for communication and documentation
- Effective communication skills
- Strong practical engineering knowledge and proven track record for timely work product delivery.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Customer Orientation
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
5-7+ years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science