ALTA IT Services is seeking several Sr. Automation Testers with our direct client in the Washington, DC area. Candidates must have strong experience with Core Java, Selenium, and Cucumber.
Washington, DC area
W2 or C2C
1. Accountable for analyzing User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and Prepare In Sprint automated test scripts for Web/UI, Web Services and preferably Mobile application
2. Accountable for coding automation scripts utilizing tools such as Selenium, SoapUI , Cucumber and BDD Framework
3. Responsible to Create, maintain and update the automation framework in alignment with enterprise standards and best practices
4. Prepare test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
5. Accountable for analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects.
6. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process in Jira tool
7. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
8. Responsible for scheduling Jenkin jobs and executing automated regression suites and smoke test suites in CI/CD Pipeline
9. Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through training, testing workshops, reading, and research, etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
10. Coordinates with customers to resolve issues. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer requests and obtain information to create test data.
11. Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
12. Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or CareFirst Information Technology Tracking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements
• 5-8 years of experience in a technical discipline, 5 of which must be in automated software testing with core framework development.
• Experience with test automation framework architectural design
• Knowledge in Mobile test automation (eg: Appium)
Strong background in using and managing both front-end and back-end automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI , Cucumber etc.)
• Experience in Webservices test automation
• Experience with relational database management systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle,) Proven proficiency with: SQL and PL/SQL
• Proven experience to create, maintain and run complex database queries.
• Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall software development life cycle (SDLC) models
• Experience in multiple environments and/or on multiple operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mainframe) and technologies (.Net, Web technologies, etc.)
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary, and to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
• Should be well organized and detail oriented as well as possessing good written and oral communication skill
• Experience working in the healthcare industry
• Hands on Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, Soap UI and Business Driven Development (BDD)
• Good analytical and architectural mind set for effective framework design
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.