At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a well-qualified Linux Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform as primary Linux Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain efficient operations of the entire IT infrastructure including servers, desktop, and networking equipment; additionally, selected candidate may be required to assist in deployment of system infrastructure.
- Support multiple networks and ensure necessary IT administration tasks are completed independently as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and recommend equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis as directed by policy.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions as directed by policy.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user and impact.
- Develop and maintain technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Cyber Security team.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Associate's degree with 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within current applicable information systems compliance standards.
- Experience managing RedHat Linux server environment.
- Experience patching RedHat Linux.
- Experience hardening RedHat Linux.
- Experience with kickstart installations.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Experience working with vulnerability scanning tools.
- Currently active DoD Secret security clearance will be required on Day 1 of employment; if the selected candidate does not have a currently active DoD Secret security clearance, he/she will be required to obtain the required clearance within 90 days of offer acceptance date; additionally, maintaining the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment. Additionally, a Special Access Programs (SAP/SAR) clearance will be required on Day 1, and maintaining SAP/SAR will be a condition of continued employment.
- The selected candidate may be required to obtain polygraph after hire date within a reasonable period of time as determined by customer and/or program requirements; maintaining the required polygraph will be a condition of continued employment.
- The selected candidate will be required to obtain a Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 IAM Level I or II security certification within 6 months of hire date; customer and/or program requirements may expedite 6 month window; maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment.
- Experience working in team of IT professionals.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
- Experience giving technical presentations to technical and non-technical attendees.
- Experience providing surge support to other programs as needed.
- Current vendor-based IT certification .
$88,000 USD - $132,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.