The Tyler Appraisal and Tax Division is looking for an experienced, technically skilled, Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team of software test analysts and automation engineers. From test planning and execution to technical risk management and process improvement you would participate in all stages of the software development life cycle to design and execute tests, identify, and track defects and complete all necessary tasks that result in the release of high-quality software to Tyler clients. You would also be responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the software, writing test designs, testing software using multiple test methodologies, participating in test automation, and you will play important role maintaining and optimizing QA process for highly dynamic, data-driven applications and platforms.
This is an opportunity for self-starting individual with strong technical skill set and software testing background to make an immediate impact producing agile, data driven test designs covering web and mobile UIs with an opportunity to grow into a QA leadership role.
Work with technology-driven solutions that cover the full spectrum of the land development life cycle, including mass appraisal services, land and official records management, and property tax assessment and administration. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop and deliver solutions that build thriving communities and fundamentally change how local governments operate in the future.Location
Dayton Metropolitan Area, OhioResponsibilities
- Conduct thorough and accurate software testing in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Design, implement, and execute test cases and plans based on product functional specifications, test case review with Product Managers and SMEs followed by identifying tests for automation
- Collaborate with automation engineer to create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts
- Execute black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, security testing and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage
- Identify procedures and scenarios for the quality control of products and services
- Spot areas for improvement to enhance the product's efficiency; provide clear feedback to developers and product team
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meet end-user expectations
- Participate in agile development projects and ensure stories meet the defined acceptance criteria and pass required testing during each sprint
- Analyze software defects to determine root causes and provide reports or enhancement suggestions to the product team and development manager
- Following industry best practices for QA and staying current on emerging technologies and trends
- Partner with management to enhance quality and process standards to ensure on-time, efficient and high-quality QA results.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or comparable work experience
- Two or more years' software quality assurance experience and previous software development or IT experience required
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices with a proven ability to efficiently write effective test cases that provide in depth coverage of functionality
- Use of Zephyr, Xray, JIRA or other leading test case management tool
- Proven experience querying databases using medium to complex SQL queries
- Exposure to testing RESTful or SOAP based webservices using POSTMAN, SOAPUI or tools is a plus
- Exposure to automated test script development using Selenium or similar frameworks a plus
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development processes
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving executing on multiple priorities using strong time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail. Must be organized, deadline and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team and across functional groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including root cause analysis and sound independent decision making
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.