Overview Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
l everages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency
The Enterprise Capacity Management, Data Centers and Operations team supports the critical technology infrastructure for the company-s core business applications providing global data center strategy, engineering and support services; enabling mission-critical system processing and operations; and delivering enterprise capacity governance and system growth to support existing and new business activity. The Role
As our Global Head of Data Center Engineering
, you would have overall global responsibility for data center engineering including defining and implementing data center standards, designs and solutions. You will collaborate closely with business partners, and design standard implementations for business applications and new technologies. You-ll oversee key engineering projects within the data centers and lead the team of DCS resources who manage the implementations.
Data Center Services (DCS) provides the resilient, secure physical environment for IT systems that support BNY Mellon globally. DCS run day to day operations within our data centers (including rack/stack, change management, incident change management etc.) and collaborate with our partners in Facilities to engineer changes to the environment, including buildout of new data centers and upgrades to existing locations Key Responsibilities:
- Global lead for data center design engineering. Overall responsibility for all data center build standards and oversight of the build-out/upgrade of data center spaces to ensure all implementations are aligned to standards.
- Through close collaboration with all technology workstreams, develop optimal physical solutions for new technology and applications during their design phase, producing standard builds to be used globally.
- Act as the primary interface between Facilities Engineering and IT groups for all Mechanical and Electrical design decisions
- Develop and maintain resiliency standards for all critical technology spaces, with implementation oversight for DCS-controlled locations and consultancy support for all other BNYM locations.
- Develop and maintain an overall space plan for each of the core data centers, defining a multi-year plan for areas to be life cycled/re-fitted, and an overall placement strategy for all applications & technologies.
- Lead development of automations and tools around the data center space.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial
12-15 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in engineering within the data center environment
- Extensive knowledge of data center power and cooling technologies including associated industry standards such as Uptime Institute
- Strong fundamental knowledge of data center IT technology, including networks, compute, storage and mainframe
- Strong leadership skills, and experience in leading teams and projects
- Extensive experience in industry cabling standards (e.g. BICSII, RCDD etc.) to drive cabling design within BNYM
Basic skills in Autocad would be an advantage