CNA Search is looking for an Automation Test Engineer for a Direct Hire role.
Description Summary: A test automation engineer designs, implements, and executes key automated test suites within multi-tier SaaS applications utilizing web, plugin, and mobile based clients. The person in this role is able to design, build, and test, high quality reusable automated test harnesses and modules, by utilizing prior experience developing and supporting: unit, system, performance, and load stress automated approaches, as well as diagnosing and resolving issues that occur. In addition, this person is an advocate for the future of test automation by developing, presenting, and enforcing standards across teams, while mentoring junior members of the Test Automation and QA teams, and scrum team, to raise the overall excellence that test automation can achieve.
- Design, build, and test high quality reusable automated test harnesses and data validity.
- Implement high performance testing frameworks covering UI, API, Windows, Web, and Mobile platforms.
- Teach and mentor engineer teammates, and scrum teams, to advance test automation productivity.
- Demonstrate expert technical aptitude for analytical problem solving of individual work products well as peer’s work.
- Works towards solving complex problems independently, then coaches others.
- Accountable for the overall enforcement, implementation, and success of test automation.
- Generates and presents innovative approaches and solutions to recurring problems.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and train technical issues for team, testers, and support.
- Develops and supports automated unit, system, performance, stress, and load testing.
- Leverages and integrates into CI/CD deployment models.
- Writes supporting documentation covering test automation practices including test cases, root cause investigation reports, and other documents associated with the development process.
- Conducts meeting to help support team milestones and recommend estimates for completion.
- Interfaces with product managers, development, quality assurance, support, and DevOps in collaborative efforts to advance test automation and performance, stress, and load testing.
- Contribute to overall group projects to find opportunities for cross-project test code reuse, improving experience and stability of automation.
- Works and communicates proactively with team members and leadership, in order to meet the goals of the project.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a directly related position required and 5 years in the information technology industry preferred.
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree is required. Strong preference for the completion of a major in IT, MIS or Computer Science ; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills in English and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to build and maintain positive business relationships with co-workers and other business contacts.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications especially in MS Office and especially Excel
- Expected to learn and maintain up to date technical knowledge as necessary for professional growth and business needs.
- Additionally, this position requires specialized skills using: Azure DevOps (ADS), Java, Ansible, Katalon, Ranorex, SQL, SoapUI, BrowserStack.
- Specific certifications and trainings adding to the global experience of this profession are welcomed and desired