Data Insights & Strategy Committee LOCATION
Richmond, VA or Remote
This position is available to Virginia residents as Richmond, Virginia in-office applicants or remote applicants residing in states/locations under Eastern or Central Standard Time: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
At Genworth, we are committed to caring for our customers and for the safety of our colleagues. In the event the office is inaccessible (i.e. Inclement Weather), this role may be required to work remotely.
Genworth policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before they visit any Genworth office.
For certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination or exception based on a qualifying medical or religious accommodation request. YOUR ROLE
Do you find energy and excitement in leveraging critical thinking and data insights
to help drive forward business strategy
to and solve
complex, unstructured problems? Do you have a self-starting attitude constantly driving improvements without direction? Are you naturally curious always looking for new information and relationships? Do you enjoy driving strategy and results using create problem solving and data?
We are revolutionizing the analytics space in the Long-Term Care Insurance industry via innovative technology, intuitive design, and creative thought leadership. We have repeatedly shown the value of the analytics team and continue to invest in our team.
Using the latest analytic tools and processes, we're able to analyze our data to provide strategic insight leading to transformational change. To carry us even further, we are seeking a Data Analyst to join our expanding, problem-solving team, supporting our Long-Term Care Data Insights and Strategy Committee. This individual will harness the power of data, critical thinking, curiosity, and an eye for detail to enhance analytic insights and business strategy around our customers and processes to support critical initiatives that will transform the landscape of Long-Term Care Insurance. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop subject-matter expertise around new, unstructured, complex datasets associated with policies, claims, and customers.
- Directly support various Senior Leaders by leveraging data, analytic insights, and critical thinking to execute on business strategy and track results
- Uncover critical, high-impact data insights, create new strategies, and develop custom approaches/techniques in Long-Term Care market
- Leverage strong programming skills to explore, examine, and interpret large data sets in various forms
- Communicate progress, insights, and analytic findings via oral and written methods including a mature command of data visualization methods
- Build relationships with business partners and senior leaders across the business to create collaborative teams, manage project progress, and communicate project results and insights
- Handle ad hoc requests from customers in a timely fashion identifying core business problem, gather relevant customer requirements, and develop analytical solutions
- Build repeatable, robust data infrastructure to support analytic efforts around the business including reporting, dashboards, cost/benefit analysis, and decision impact
- Lead and manage initiatives and present business insights to leadership teams
- Critical thinker able to leverage quantitative and qualitative data to support business strategy and execution
- Results-oriented and be able to demonstrate a sense of urgency and accountability for business problems
- Experience communicating insights, recommendations, and strategies with Senior Leaders
- Bachelor's required, Masters or PhD preferred; technical, analytic, finance, and business disciplines preferred
- 4+ years of experiences in insurance, finance, or business analytics is a plus
- Self-motivated with a drive for results and well verbal/written communications skills to non-technical audiences
- A passion for solving unstructured, complex problems and intellectual curiosity
- Subject matter expertise in advanced analytical and data capabilities utilizing Python and/or R
- Experience with big data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Databricks, AWS/Azure and etc)
- Experience with database Rational Database Management System (RDBMS) technologies (i.e. SQL server, Greenplum, Oracle and etc)
- Adherence to standard practices and use of version control tools such as GitHub/GitLab
- Experience with data visualization tool (i.e. Spotfire, Tableau, Business Power Intelligence or Business Objects)
- Project management experience is a plus
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- 20 days of Choice Time Off your first full year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of volunteer time off
- 401K Account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth's US Life business is to efficiently keep our promises to our customers and their families and to lead the industry forward to solve the nation's long term care crisis.
We know we can't deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That's why we're committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees' well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we're dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.